[WORKAROUND] Error message: "Please delete and recreate the job"

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!

[WORKAROUND] Error message: "Please delete and recreate the job"

Post by 103131 »

Hi there, :D
I'm using the latest version of Freecad's AppImage under ubuntu 20-04. I tried in the Freecad version delivered in the original distribution and I have other problems on which I will not expand in this topic, because these other problems have nothing to do with the question I am asking here . ;)
I created a simple cylinder which I transformed into a solid. When I go to the path workbench and want to create a job on this solid, I get the message: "The Job was created without fixture support. Please delete and recreate the job". :?

I don't understand what's going on, so I looked for other similar cases. I found this address:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... d3#p594321
But they speak German there and I am not at all German-speaking.

I also found this other address:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 6&start=60
But I don't understand better what the solution is.

Could you please help me to find the solution to not have this error message anymore?

Thanking you in advance :D
Last edited by 103131 on Tue Jul 12, 2022 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
GeneFC
Veteran

Re: Error message: "Please delete and recreate the job"

Post by GeneFC »

103131 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:25 pm I created a simple cylinder which I transformed into a solid.
A simple cylinder is already a solid.

A bit more explanation of what you have done would be useful.

Both the FreeCAD "About" info and a file (FCstd) should allow quick resolution.

Gene

Post by 103131 »

Hi there, :D
In fact, I forgot to mention that I originally made this cylinder in Blender. And then I imported it into Freecad and turned it into a solid. I did this because I have a shape drawn in blender that I would like to use in Freecad's path workshop afterwards. But as I can't do it for the moment, I simplify the processed object while keeping the same approach that should be used to manipulate the more complex shape that I want to process. ;)

About the complement of explanation that I can give on what I did, the error message is displayed very quickly when I create a job on the solid cylinder 20530_cylindre_001001 (Solid)001 of the file that I manipulate. As soon as I go to the "general" tab to give a name to this job, the error message appears.

For the file, I'll try to put it here, if it's not too big. ;)

Have a nice day and thank you in advance for your help. :D
Attachments
220530_cylindre_001_04.FCStd
(48.76 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The solution given in the German forum seems to be the same as the one mentioned in the Known OS specific issues for the issue "FreeCAD starts with the splash screen, but doesn't show anything further." (currently the first one)

If that doesn't work, please try to create a job for a cube and a cylinder created in Part workbench and report back.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

103131 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:49 pm About the complement of explanation that I can give on what I did, the error message is displayed very quickly when I create a job on the solid cylinder 20530_cylindre_001001 (Solid)001 of the file that I manipulate. As soon as I go to the "general" tab to give a name to this job, the error message appears.
I ran your file and tried various Path operations. No problems seen at any time. I am using version 0.21 on Windows.

Please include the exact information for your installation by posting the Help >> About information here.

Gene

Post by 103131 »

Hi everyone, :D
GeneFC : Here are the informations:

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.21.29393 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 6820e0a9ec85203a6f342ca72a2ff8fd417beaf1
Python 3.10.5, Qt 5.12.9, Coin 4.0.0, Vtk 9.1.0, OCC 7.5.3
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)
Installed mods: 
  * Help 1.0.0-alpha
Chrisb : I'll take a look about your suggestion and I'll report here what happened.

Thanks for your help. Have a nice day. See you. :D

Post by 103131 »

Goodnight all, :D
I created a cylinder directly in freecad. As soon as I wanted to create a job and went to the first tab to rename it, I got the error message.
Incidentally, by doing so, I cannot select part of the cylinder. Whereas in the approach I had followed previously, I could select "facets".
jochen17

Post by jochen17 »

Hi there,

I used freecad 0.20 on windows and ubuntu (AppImage) and receive this error message, when the german language set is active. Also work coordinate system cannot be changed. When switching to G53, close the job editor, reopen G54 is shown again.

When switching to english language set, everything is fine.

Post by 103131 »

Hi Everyone, :D
I just did the test suggested by Jochen17. I don't know if it would work in all cases. But here it worked.
For my part, I put the interface in French and when I switched it back to English, I no longer had this error message. ;)

I don't know if this can be called a bug. I'm not qualified for this.

Thanks for your help. :D
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

103131 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:01 pm I don't know if this can be called a bug.
Yes, this is a bug. FreeCAD should work in any supported language. It may not be a bug in the Path WB, but it is a bug somewhere.

It would be good if you can create a ticket in Github.

Gene