Arch Survey GET VOLUME

A forum dedicated to the Draft, Arch and BIM workbenches development.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
FATHI RAMMAH

Arch Survey GET VOLUME

Post by FATHI RAMMAH »

Hi everyone:
i have added a new function to the Survey Arch command to get the Volume of Solid objects .
the file is attached and after download it you have to replace this file with the ArchCommands.py file in your freecad/Arch file
Thanks ,
Attachments
ArchCommands.py
(72.02 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
yorik
Founder

Re: Arch Survey GET VOLUME

Post by yorik »

I cannot see what you changed in that file... There is something that diff tools don't like, it tells me all the lines have been changed.
Can you somehow isolate what has changed, by using diff, git diff, or any other tool that can highlight differences?
FATHI RAMMAH

Post by FATHI RAMMAH »

yorik wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:09 pm I cannot see what you changed in that file... There is something that diff tools don't like, it tells me all the lines have been changed.
Can you somehow isolate what has changed, by using diff, git diff, or any other tool that can highlight differences?
hellow yorik
like i said " I ADDED " i didn't change any thing i just added commands for the volume
here is what i did
Attachments
arch.py
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Thanks, I'll try to integrate your changes.

It doesn't really matter if you added or removed or changed lines... The thing is, it's important to know clearly what has been changed in a file, like for example how github shows it: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... 106fb9d6f8 the green lines have been added, and the red ones have been removed or changed.

This way it is easy to know what has been changed in a file, and if there are problems later on because of that change, it is easy to track back to the exact commit and much easier to fix.

In your first file, probably your text editor "manipulated" all the lines of the file. So diff programs (that show what has been changed) were unable to tell which lines were changed. The best way to avoid that is usually to use a proper code editing editor (like notepad++ on windows for example) which will leave all the other lines intact..
FATHI RAMMAH

Post by FATHI RAMMAH »

yorik wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:11 pm Thanks, I'll try to integrate your changes.

It doesn't really matter if you added or removed or changed lines... The thing is, it's important to know clearly what has been changed in a file, like for example how github shows it: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... 106fb9d6f8 the green lines have been added, and the red ones have been removed or changed.

This way it is easy to know what has been changed in a file, and if there are problems later on because of that change, it is easy to track back to the exact commit and much easier to fix.

In your first file, probably your text editor "manipulated" all the lines of the file. So diff programs (that show what has been changed) were unable to tell which lines were changed. The best way to avoid that is usually to use a proper code editing editor (like notepad++ on windows for example) which will leave all the other lines intact..
thank you yorik for your tips,i'm really n't experienced these stuffs but i'm good learner ,thank you