blacey wrote: Kunda1 wrote:
It would be whimsical and fun but for sure not essential, to have a way to know when someone has sent a PR to the FC repo.
Not sure how.
1) You can already - just ensure the activity feed is visible in Gitter
2) I thought Kurt was developing an auto-poster that would generate the Pull-request post in the forum.
But, I definitely agree with @yorik that the additional overhead does not provide any real value - if a process step doesn't provide value, it should be eliminated
Yeah, I was/am, but ultimately it's really up to Yorik/Werner as to whether it has any use to continue to make PRs on the forums.
Anyway, here's the status of what I have:
- A webhook server set up at api.kwkengineering.com
- Which will make a new topic here with the subject and contents of a new PR if a repo is set to send webhooks to it
- After the topic is created the link can be added in a comment on the PR
- It does NOT have locking the PR from further comments is not supported by PyGithub currently but can be implemented fairly easily with requests since it's a length 0 HTTP PUT to an address that can be constructed from the info in the PR
Features like automatically moving closed/merged PR topics could be added pretty easily.
The code is a bit too messy to publish just yet because I have was having some issues with paths, etc, and they're hardcoded in plus debug statements and so forth. Regardless it was still a worthwhile learning experience and there may be some use for a webhook server in the future, even if it's for me and not the FreeCAD project.