PR #4009 FEM: Add readNastran95() function in FemMesh.cpp

Post here if you have re-based and finalised code to integrate into master, which was discussed, agreed to and tested in other forums. You can also submit your PR directly on github.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
johnwang
Veteran

PR #4009 FEM: Add readNastran95() function in FemMesh.cpp

Post by johnwang »

Hi,

See https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4007

Add open Nastran95 'inp' file function. It consists of 3 commits with FemMesh.cpp & FemMesh.h.
It is talked here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=51569

Later made another 2 commits with PythonConsole.cpp & PythonConsole.h.
It adds function to run a py file in python console. It is talked here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 7&start=10
It was intended to another PR, but they joined together. Haven't figure out how to separate them.

Cheers,

John
Last edited by johnwang on Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: PR #4007 FEM: Add readNastran95() function in FemMesh.cpp

Post by Kunda1 »

I've separated them for you in to 2 different branches as I mentioned in the PR.

I've also taken the liberty to modify the code ever so slightly
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

Kunda1 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:26 am I've separated them for you in to 2 different branches as I mentioned in the PR.

I've also taken the liberty to modify the code ever so slightly
Thank you very much.

Yeah, I should use branch.

It seems if I have two branches, I could raise PR from each branch. If I have no branch, all following commits will join the former ones in one PR? So I have to stop further working until the PR is solved.

Will this PR pull from your branches now, so I could delete my one and create new branch for new work?
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

johnwang wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:36 am Thank you very much.

Yeah, I should use branch.
You're welcome.

...and you must use branch. That's how you collaborate using git.
johnwang wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:36 am It seems if I have two branches, I could raise PR from each branch. If I have no branch, all following commits will join the former ones in one PR?
Correct.
You didn't create a branch at all and therefore all your commits are being submitted in the PR.
johnwang wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:36 am So I have to stop further working until the PR is solved.
Not necessary. This is where my git-fu is weak and limited so this might not be the best or ideal way to do it: What you can do is pull the specific branch I modified (that just addresses adding the functionality to open Nastran95 files) to your computer. 'Drop' (this is git-speak for deleting commits) your previous commits. So you end up seeing only the commits I've made. Then force pushing those changes to the PR you made.
I just realized you will have to close the PR and open a new one just for adding the functionality to open Nastran95 files. This is because you didn't create a branch.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
johnwang
Veteran

Re: PR #4009 FEM: Add readNastran95() function in FemMesh.cpp

Post by johnwang »

PR 4007 is closed.

A new branch is created and new PR raised from there.

https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4009