- open in the file the "Sketch-Elektrode-00"
- despite the sketch is relatively simple, it has > 500 constraints. The problem is that they pollute the view:
For real-life you need 2 views to keep the overview, to present and discuss the design with colleagues and customers:
A: only with the datum constraints displayed
B: and without any constraints displayed
Let's try to get view A:
- we first need to hide all constraints, so we go into the constraints list, select the first constraint, keep Shift pressed and select the last constraint
result: this takes here 50 seconds (and severely, Windows tells me that FreeCAD is not responding anymore just after 5 seconds, so FreeCAD misses to tell the OS, that it is still alive, just calculating)
- now right click and in the context menu choose "Hide constraints"
result: this takes here 101 seconds
- now filter the datums
- select all datums -> takes 7 seconds
- show all datums -> takes 13 seconds
So in total one needs 171 seconds, almost 3 minutes to get the desired view.
Once one has this view one usually needs only to toggle between view A and B, these are each 20 seconds.
The PR implements the option to hide/show all currently listed constraints to save the time one needs to select all constraints manually.
So going from all constraints shown to view A needs with this option "only" 114 seconds and when toggling the datum view, 13 seconds.
There is still room for improvement since it is unclear why hiding/showing just 4 constraints needs 13 seconds. But the new option is in general a convenience option to save the annoying manual selection of all listed constraints.
abdullah wrote: .