FEM on Mac OSX

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: FEM on Mac OSX

Post by bernd »

NO not python, somthing seams wrong with your CalculiX binary ccx. Thus you should try to run just the ccx binary in a shell, or console, I do not know the name in OSX. There should be some output which hopefully will help.

Bernd
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

bernd wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:45 pm NO not python, somthing seams wrong with your CalculiX binary ccx. Thus you should try to run just the ccx binary in a shell, or console, I do not know the name in OSX. There should be some output which hopefully will help.

Bernd
It's called terminal you're aloud to forget the name ;)
Locost

Post by Locost »

I probably crammed too much info in that last post. I tried running it in terminal (ie ./usr/local/Cellar/calculix-ccx/2.13/bin/ccx_2.13) and got this

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/7/libgfortran.4.dylib
Referenced from: /usr/local/Cellar/calculix-ccx/2.13/bin/./ccx_2.13
Reason: image not found
Abort trap: 6

I found an unrelated post by someone with a similar error code with another program. They solved it by uninstalling the program and forcing homebrew to recompile and install (in this case. brew install --build-from-source calculix-ccx). I get an error when I try that.

make: *** [ccx_2.13.a] Error 1
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

your ccx binary is somehow broken. Means it has nothing to do with FreeCAD. You need a working CalculiX ccx binary. Since it is OSX I can not help in this regard. The posts in this topic are the best redource I can advice. May be one of the guys from this topic can help ...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Would it help if I provide the ccx binary (1.5MB 7zipped) or the whole package (8.5 MB 7zipped) for Mac? Compiled under High Sierra.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Don't know if it's related but the Travis OSX builds started failing around the date of Locost's first post in this topic.
The self-test error is the always the same, and related to FEM tests? (not the same as Locost's errors, but the same self-test error)
https://travis-ci.org/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/j ... 8953#L8373
"fight the good fight"
Locost

Post by Locost »

chrisb wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:47 pm Would it help if I provide the ccx binary (1.5MB 7zipped) or the whole package (8.5 MB 7zipped) for Mac? Compiled under High Sierra.
chrisb if you can get me the compiled package (say google drive or drop box) hopefully it will help. If that fixes things I'll report the hombrew issue.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Here is a link where you can download the 7zipped package:
https://owncloud.gwdg.de/index.php/s/a8FaSxIpDJzNHuj
it contains the complete subtree /usr/local/Cellar/calculix-ccx/
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Locost

Post by Locost »

Thanks for posting that chrisb. I gave the download a shot. I got the same issues and error messages in FreeCAD and terminal as before.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Locost wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:50 am I got the same issues and error messages in FreeCAD and terminal as before.
Sad to hear. If I call ccx I get a simple usage message (first line input, second line output):

Code: Select all

/usr/local/Cellar/calculix-ccx/2.13/bin/ccx_2.13
Usage: CalculiX.exe -i jobname