Mass and material

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: Mass and material

Post by bernd »

Jee-Bee wrote:... But when i want add some materials i see oly:
Except Al 6061-T6. When i add that material i don't have any options to choose a material anymore...
If you compile yourself:
PrzemoF wrote:Just add your file here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD_sf_m ... ts.txt#L16
If you do not compile yourself:
According to your Version information you should be able to adjust the path the material data for FEM is read from in the preference section of FEM WB.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

+1
Density is also what calculix wants if Volume DLOADs are ever added (like for gravity)
"fight the good fight"
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

bernd wrote:long one:
The material system was developed with background of defining it once for a shape (best place for this would may be Part or PartDesign) But it turned out the there are different requirements according the different use cases. Therefor more than one system to define materials exists. I like the idea to be independent inside FEMWB from any other WB. This way a shape can have different materials for FEM-Analysis, Calculation of Cost and so on. The material system in FEM is designed only to define materials properties for FEM Analysis. As long as the material definition is inside FEM we are tatally indepndent where the geometry the analysis is made with comes from.
For short. Best system is that every part/component have it's own material properties. But when in the FEM module a material is linked to a part/component it overruled the material property from within the part.
When the material properties from FEM is deleted again the material properties from the part/component is leading again.