I connected the solver 'Tochnog Professional' to Freecad. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLyowfy3N7Y
for a simple test (or search in YouTube for 'Tochnog Professional Freecad'). The video shows how to replace the Calculix executable with Tochnog.
Please realise the following:
- Tochnog Professional is commercial (dongle locked)
- As trial it can be used freely up to 100 elements with all available options (plasticity laws, groundwater flow, etc).
- For the trial version no dongle is needed
- To skip license checking (which takes time) use 'tochnog_trial -yes' in the Tochnog input file (eg in tochnog.dat) !
- Take care that the tochnog executable in the src directory of the distribution can be found by your operating system (adjust the PATH environment symbol, or put the executable somewhere where the OS can find it)
- Tochnog runs on Linux and MS Windows, both on 32 bit and 64 bit
- You can download from http://www.feat.nl
- Tochnog is mostly used in geotechnics (things in the soil: landslides, driving piles, slope stability, etc.) or civil engineering (masonry, earthquake response, etc).
- Tochnog reads the abaqus inp file (anyway most of the bulk data like elements, nodes, etc; so not complete inp files)
- Tochnog writes at output a frd file.
- Reading the inp file and writing the frd file allows easy replacing Calculix by Tochnog (see the video)
- All other options and background theory can be found in the Users manual.