*INITIAL CONDITIONS, TYPE=STRESS error

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

HarryvL
Veteran

Re: *INITIAL CONDITIONS, TYPE=STRESS error

Post by HarryvL »

boreilly wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:32 am Hi Harry, thanks very much for your time and feedback, much appreciated. :D
I was thinking the FEM Constraint temperature needs to be applied at the interface between the Source/Drain and Silicon, however some of these are hidden. I tries to set the transparency of the silicon to 50 but to no avail. I also tried invrasing the size of the model x 10 but still no change. :cry:
I will continue to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Barry.
Barry, see my tutorial (https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/FEM_She ... site_Block) on how to select internal surfaces and solids.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

boreilly wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:04 am Hi Harry,
There is something bigger going on here, When I run my other simulations now I am now getting the same error and get the same results as with the CMOS model. Is it something to do with the recompute button- I may have hit off it, else my Freecad has become corrupt. :cry:

Regards,
Barry.
Try my CMOS_2 file. That should run. I also had the same problem running your CMOS file, so started again. If that works, you may want to try and re-build one of your older models from scratch and see if that works. By the way, what version of FC do you run? Please go to "Help > About FreeCAD" and cut/paste here. Is it different from the version you used to build the earlier models?
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

PS: you may want to rename the subject of your post ... it is really not about that anymore.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

@harry: is there still some problem which might be some bug in FreeCAD FEM I should have a look at?

bernd
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:57 pm @harry: is there still some problem which might be some bug in FreeCAD FEM I should have a look at?

bernd
Bernd, this post has evolved and certainly has nothing to do with what the title suggests. It is more a case study of the use of thermo-mechanical analysis with FC and CCX. I believe @boreilly (Barry) is still struggling to get the results he wants, but it is too early to say if this is a FC error.
boreilly

Post by boreilly »

Apologies for not posting for a while, a shutdown/reboot seemed to clear up my Freecad issues, It works fine now.
Apologies for any inconvience caused.

Regards,
Barry.