OOFem

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: OOFem

Post by bernd »

wow!
Ok, if you go for the implementation, I will help to tackle down all problens you encounter. It can all done in Python. I would highly recomend to base it on the new solver frame work. All needed modules to create an input file and run the solver can be found in directory femsolver. Vtk results can be read directly. I will post some links to the code later on ...
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

check the oldest commits of these ones https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... solver/z88
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:29 am wow!
Ok, if you go for the implementation, I will help to tackle down all problens you encounter. It can all done in Python. I would highly recomend to base it on the new solver frame work. All needed modules to create an input file and run the solver can be found in directory femsolver. Vtk results can be read directly. I will post some links to the code later on ...
Thanks. I will give it a go.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

most important commit ... git commit 609e97a This added Solver Z88 in one commit. Keep in mind a few things have changed since this. For example one hint in the regard of cmake. You only need to add new Python modules once here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... eLists.txt

good luck :mrgreen:
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

best to exchange code would be if you push all your new code to github. With this it is easy to pull and to test your code. In the regard of git and github this may be useful Source_code_management
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:18 pm ...For example one hint in the regard of cmake. You only need to add new Python modules once here: https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... eLists.txt
Ah yes Cmake ... thanks.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm best to exchange code would be if you push all your new code to github. With this it is easy to pull and to test your code. In the regard of git and github this may be useful Source_code_management
Yup. I already started a new repository for this, i.e. github.com/HarryvL/FC_OOFEM. I will create a branch "assess" for the first baby steps.
PrzemoF
Veteran

Post by PrzemoF »

How did you make the fork? Manually? I'm not sure if you'll be able to use FreeCAD/github arrangements for pull request testing if that's the case.
My FreeCAD fork header looks like this:

PrzemoF/FreeCAD forked from FreeCAD/FreeCAD

You can use fork button in github to make a fork.
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

I pulled freecad/freecad to my local system and then pushed that to my repository. Do I need fork on Github and then pull from there instead?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

HarryvL wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:10 pm I pulled freecad/freecad to my local system and then pushed that to my repository. Do I need fork on Github and then pull from there instead?
It would be the smart way!