[SOLVED] CLOAD card of .inp file - manually include forces in C3D10 element nodes

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

EkaitzEsteban

Re: [SOLVED] CLOAD card of .inp file - manually include forces in C3D10 element nodes

Post by EkaitzEsteban »

bernd wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm
EkaitzEsteban wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:21 am EDIT: Calculix assumes this hypothesis?
To be honest I'm not that deep at FEM in theory. I used the factors from the bood for a 2nd order element, as it is what CalculiX has. I developed the factors and made a test If you use the Calculix cantilever example from StartWB and load it with a tension force the front face keeps in direction of the beam. If you use different factors the face drifts to one side ... There are some topics on the forum in this regard which show some pics in this regard.

Would be great if someone with good FEM background knowledge could proof if we gone do the right thing.

bernd
Thank you bernd!
bernd
Veteran

Re: [SOLVED] CLOAD card of .inp file - manually include forces in C3D10 element nodes

Post by bernd »

The CLoad is only needed if you would like to apply loads not in the normal direction of the element face.
EkaitzEsteban

Post by EkaitzEsteban »

bernd wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:30 pm The CLoad is only needed if you would like to apply loads not in the normal direction of the element face.
Ok, good point! got it ;)