Concrete branch ready for testing

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

User avatar
HarryvL
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby HarryvL » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Nice one !
User avatar
bernd
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby bernd » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 pm

git commit a3f4bfb You are a official FreeCAD developer harry :D https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/comm ... or=HarryvL

took us half a year :shock:
User avatar
HarryvL
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby HarryvL » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:56 pm

bernd wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:39 pm
... You are a official FreeCAD developer harry :D
Thanks Bernd. You did 90% of the work :ugeek:
User avatar
Kunda1
Posts: 4814
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby Kunda1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Awesome job folks, so beside getting the word out is there a way we can make a tutorial on how to now use this?
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
User avatar
bernd
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby bernd » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 pm

the short tutorial version ...

start FreeCAD, run the code

Code: Select all

from femexamples.manager import *
doc = run_rcwall2d()
view reinforcement ratio in x direction
put in reinforcement, get the phone, order the concrete ... :mrgreen:
User avatar
Kunda1
Posts: 4814
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby Kunda1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 pm

bernd wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 pm
the short tutorial version ...

start FreeCAD, run the code

Code: Select all

from femexamples.manager import *
doc = run_rcwall2d()
view reinforcement ratio in x direction
put in reinforcement, get the phone, order the concrete ... :mrgreen:
@bernd :lol:
BTW, what wiki page should this be on ?
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
User avatar
HarryvL
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby HarryvL » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Kunda1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Awesome job folks, so beside getting the word out is there a way we can make a tutorial on how to now use this?
How about this one?

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33049
User avatar
bernd
Posts: 8046
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:07 pm
Location: Zürich, Switzerland

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby bernd » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm

HarryvL wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Kunda1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Awesome job folks, so beside getting the word out is there a way we can make a tutorial on how to now use this?
How about this one?

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33049
yeah, would be coold to have this great example on a page inside the wiki.
User avatar
Kunda1
Posts: 4814
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:03 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby Kunda1 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:15 pm

bernd wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:58 pm
HarryvL wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:58 pm
Kunda1 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:59 pm
Awesome job folks, so beside getting the word out is there a way we can make a tutorial on how to now use this?
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33049
yeah, would be coold to have this great example on a page inside the wiki.
What would the wiki page be named?
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
User avatar
HarryvL
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Re: Concrete branch ready for testing

Postby HarryvL » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Hmmmmm:

FEM for reinforced concrete design

Concrete reinforcement requirements from FEM

Analysis of reinforced concrete with FEM