GMSH for compound

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: GMSH for compound

Post by bernd »

HarryvL wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:35 am
bernd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:47 am wow cool, can't wait to see this code.
You would be shocked 😳
why?

BTW: You allways show the nodes, I like this ... Should we make this standard for result meshes ( and meshes ) in 0.19 ?
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

bernd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:55 pm why?
Because it’s Python the FORTRAN way :). I need to clean it up and optimize. Reduce the number of “ifs” and “fors”. Create objects where it makes sense and use list comprehension. I bought High Performance Python (https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/hi ... 449361747/) a while ago and plan to use it to clean up my code. Extracting info from FreeCAD objects takes my code 10 times longer than solving the FEA equations. It just doesn’t make sense.
bernd wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:55 pm BTW: You allways show the nodes, I like this ... Should we make this standard for result meshes ( and meshes ) in 0.19 ?
Well, that would be my preference, but who am I to speak on behalf of thousands of FEM WB users?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

harry for me it is the opposite ... :mrgreen:

If you would like to you just could make your code public and I will change it in a way I am happy with it to get it merged. Since I am not a real programmer either it might not look any better but at leas it would look like most python of FEM.

HarryvL wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:56 pm of thousands of FEM WB users?
:lol:
HarryvL
Veteran

Post by HarryvL »

Sorry, I meant to say that my code is very slow when it comes to extracting information and fast to analyze the deformation. I think it should be the other way around.

I would really enjoy teaming up on this, but I first want to get the basics right.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

it should be both fast :D