welcome to FreeCAD FEM.
- sure any help is highly appreteated
- you should be able to compile FreeCAD, there are hundreds of resources and informations on the forum and wiki about this.
- get familar with FreeCAD FEM, make some other analysises
- get familar with Python FreeCAD FEM, https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/FEM_Tutorial_Python
- there are mor examples here, https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree ... emexamples
- the python objects ard defined here https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree ... femobjects
any of these objects has a viewprovider to be able to be visible on FreeCAD GUI mode, https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/tree ... guiobjects
- ask, ask, ask here in the forum
- you should be able to make this analysis in CalculiX with a simple sample file. May be create it with FreeCAD and just add the part for the Thermal Contact Boundary Condition with an editor. The elsets can be written by FreeCAD
- ahh and you should have fun