collection of material issues

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: collection of material issues

Post by uwestoehr »

bernd wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:29 pm git commit 40d29fe329be
Many thanks!
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

what is still open in the regard of materials?
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

bernd wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:21 pm what is still open in the regard of materials?
Here is the updated list:
https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 66#p489666

Issue number 10 is the most severe one making it impossible to use the material editor since the locale de_DE uses the comma as decimal sign while the material cards use the dot.
Last edited by uwestoehr on Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

is not a issue but a feature request which I do not support. The material editor should be used for this.

is a feature request as well. This one makes sense IMHO.

confirmed. I do not even set to None before. If a material will be choosen only solid material are available. Material Editor just only has solids.

conrirmed already. This should be fixed!!! I try to have another look at this. ATM I am not able to reproduce this. I have swiss locale on windows and windows is so complicated just switching the locale is so complicated. it swichtes everything but the dot in Material Editor resists for me.
(I will give it a try on Linux)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

bernd wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:46 am 10.
conrirmed already. This should be fixed!!! I try to have another look at this. ATM I am not able to reproduce this. I have swiss locale on windows and windows is so complicated just switching the locale is so complicated. it swichtes everything but the dot in Material Editor resists for me.
(I will give it a try on Linux)
Many thanks! I updated the list and stroke through number 2.

Concerning the locale, the easiest way I use is to set my Windows to "German (Germany)", the reboot, then FC uses for everything this locale. The locale switch is easy via the Windows system settings, one one has to reboot afterwards.
Bimdan

Post by Bimdan »

Is it a known issue that updating a value on a material card and saving it FreeCAD doesn't save in UTF-8 and so when you go to use the updated version of the material it's blank (and as such I have to convert it in Notepad++) and re-save then load again (Windows 11 on 0.19) to get the changes?

That's a fun set of hoops to jump through everytime lol
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

Bimdan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:57 am Windows 11 on 0.19)
At least try 0.20
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
uwestoehr
Veteran

Post by uwestoehr »

Bimdan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:57 am Is it a known issue that updating a value on a material card and saving it FreeCAD doesn't save in UTF-8 and so when you go to use the updated version of the material it's blank (and as such I have to convert it in Notepad++) and re-save then load again (Windows 11 on 0.19) to get the changes?
Not yet.
Can you please install this build:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... ller-2.exe
(because we have a lot of fixes in FreeCAD 0.20 that will be released very soon)

If the problem persists can you please give me a recipe to reproduce this issue?
Bimdan

Post by Bimdan »

Sure thing and thanks
Bimdan

Post by Bimdan »

uwestoehr wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:44 pm
Bimdan wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:57 am Is it a known issue that updating a value on a material card and saving it FreeCAD doesn't save in UTF-8 and so when you go to use the updated version of the material it's blank (and as such I have to convert it in Notepad++) and re-save then load again (Windows 11 on 0.19) to get the changes?
Not yet.
Can you please install this build:
https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD-Bund ... ller-2.exe
(because we have a lot of fixes in FreeCAD 0.20 that will be released very soon)

If the problem persists can you please give me a recipe to reproduce this issue?
Can confirm this is not an issue with that build - thanks!