want to contribute

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

scorp08

want to contribute

Post by scorp08 »

Hello All
I am a CAE engineer. 2,5 years of coding with python and C++. I had used freecad with GUI but not compiled or checked to see what can I do. I want to get involved at FEM and some BUG fixings. How can I contribute ?
thanks, have a great health
johnwang
Veteran

Re: want to contribute

Post by johnwang »

FEM is mostly with Python, no need to compile.

You can look at the code under YourFreeCAD/Mod/Fem. Adding new code or modifying existing code.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
scorp08

Post by scorp08 »

Thanks. Is there an issue track and assignment portal?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

scorp08 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:29 pm Hello All
I am a CAE engineer. 2,5 years of coding with python and C++. I had used freecad with GUI but not compiled or checked to see what can I do. I want to get involved at FEM and some BUG fixings. How can I contribute ?
thanks, have a great health
great. compile FreeCAD, get yourself a github account and start hacking. If you do not know FreeCAD FEM it might make sense to try some of the examples from example gui. They all are coded in Python.

If you do not know where to start, compile a PR, test if and give some feedback if it works as intended. https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull ... %AA+FEM%22 May be this one? https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/pull/4738 or have a look at the bug tracker. There are lots of FEM related issues. Best if you do not need it for yourself do discuss it on the forum here.
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

Same post?
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

good find, might really be spam ...