Solver for Mystran

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

johnwang
Veteran

Re: Solver for Mystran

Post by johnwang »

bernd wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:14 pm Start FreeCAD switch to FEM use Utilities Gui. Mystran hast a few examples already. They give correct results for me. Would be cool if some of you would give it a try and give some feedback about the generated pyNastran code. As you know I am still a newbie to pyNastran.
I copied pynastran folder under FreeCAD\bin\Lib\site-packages\pynastran, but the FEM WB still can't find it.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

johnwang wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:17 am
bernd wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:14 pm Start FreeCAD switch to FEM use Utilities Gui. Mystran hast a few examples already. They give correct results for me. Would be cool if some of you would give it a try and give some feedback about the generated pyNastran code. As you know I am still a newbie to pyNastran.
I copied pynastran folder under FreeCAD\bin\Lib\site-packages\pynastran, but the FEM WB still can't find it.
install with pip has worked for me on windows LibPack. https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 95#p422642

Code: Select all

./python -m pip install pyNastran
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

bernd wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:07 am

Code: Select all

./python -m pip install pyNastran
Thanks.

So you will include pyNastran into the LibPack?

I'll try to figure out how to make my NEU importer as a package.
hfc series CAE workbenches for FreeCAD (hfcNastran95, hfcMystran, hfcFrame3DD, hfcSU2 and more)
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

johnwang wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 am So you will include pyNastran into the LibPack?
that's the idea
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

johnwang wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:19 am I'll try to figure out how to make my NEU importer as a package.
and make a PR to main master? ;)
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

bernd wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 am and make a PR to main master? ;)
Like pyNastran, install with pip.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

johnwang wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:08 am
bernd wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:48 am and make a PR to main master? ;)
Like pyNastran, install with pip.
How about FreeCAD AddOn manager?

If you would like to use pip to install a FreeCAD Workbench this is very useful ... https://github.com/FreeCAD/freecad.workbench_starterkit
johnwang
Veteran

Post by johnwang »

bernd wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:56 am How about FreeCAD AddOn manager?

If you would like to use pip to install a FreeCAD Workbench this is very useful ... https://github.com/FreeCAD/freecad.workbench_starterkit
AddOn manager sometimes not working on my side, so not intend to add something on it.
I never worked out how the starterkit functioning.

I just want a normal Python package, not a FC WB. I can also try a python GUI on top of that.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

johnwang wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:31 am I just want a normal Python package, not a FC WB. I can also try a python GUI on top of that.
Without any FreeCAD related code?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

johnwang wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:31 am AddOn manager sometimes not working on my side, ...
it is part of main FreeCAD, thus it would be great if you would report any problems with it and how to repeat them etc. means make some detailed bug report.