Solver for Mystran

About the development of the FEM module/workbench.

Moderator: bernd

bernd
Veteran

Re: Solver for Mystran

Post by bernd »

mainly the return value of this method is needed ... https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... ts.py#L245
nic

Post by nic »

bernd wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:13 am mainly the return value of this method is needed ... https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/blob ... ts.py#L245
When I debug the output of ``importCcxFrdResults`` ran on ``thermomech_spine.frd`` I see that model is described ("Nodes" and "Tetra10Elem"). However, as of today, the model is not described in the MYSTRAN neutral file. Is it enough if I return everything empty, except "Results" key?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

The long version ... In frd the whole mesh is written too. Sometimes this mesh differs in a few nodes compared to the mesh of the analysis. Thus it is important to read the mesh from a frd.

If NEU has no mesh I assume the mesh should be to 100% really 100% the mesh from the analysis. If this is the case you are fine with only reading the results. As the result mesh we would just make a copy of the mesh to analyse.

The short answer: Yes you are fine leaving the mesh empty.
nic

Post by nic »

bernd wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:59 pm Sometimes this mesh differs in a few nodes compared to the mesh of the analysis.
:shock: how is that possible?
nic

Post by nic »

mesheb82 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:44 pm There's still some more work to do on it (grid point forces, strain energy, eigenvectors, bars/beams), but as of a few days ago, we're in the process of merging in op2 support.
@mesheb82, which OP2 flavor will be used? MSC or NX? Will we be able to select it with a bulk parameter?
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

nic wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:20 pm
bernd wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:59 pm Sometimes this mesh differs in a few nodes compared to the mesh of the analysis.
:shock: how is that possible?
yes crazy stuff. Did made myself some headache because I could not belive myself ... AFAIK in very rare cases the node numbering of a few nodes changed because of a duplicate node. Iny a few nodes out of hundreds of thousends. I am on the way. I may have o look if I can find the related topic.
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 21#p185242 but thete must be some better topic
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

I can not find it ... AFAIR ... if the mesh has lonley nodes which do not belong to a element these nodes are not exported to the result mesh. The nide count of the result mesh than differes from the mesh to analyse.

What does Mystran do with lonley nodes? Does it accept a analysis with a mesh eith lonley nodes?
nic

Post by nic »

bernd wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:19 am I can not find it ... AFAIR ... if the mesh has lonley nodes which do not belong to a element these nodes are not exported to the result mesh. The nide count of the result mesh than differes from the mesh to analyse.

What does Mystran do with lonley nodes? Does it accept a analysis with a mesh eith lonley nodes?
NX-NASTRAN just ignores lonely nodes. I just checked for MYSTRAN, solver is crashing. I may release a bug report for this
bernd
Veteran

Post by bernd »

Ohh crashing is for sure not good ...

And in the results of Nastran? Are these nodes in the results and if yes, do they have results values? If no analysis mesh would differ from results mesh as well!