No offense to you @Jee-Bee, but it's hard to understand what you mean because of your English.
- Change to PartDesign
- Click on "Create body"
- Click on "Create an additive primitive" (PartDesign_CompPrimitiveAdditive), or "Additive box", and then OK, just to create a small box
- Ctrl+click to select the four side faces of the cube
- Then click PartDesign_Draft
- The preview will show the pyramid shape (Z_Axis is the implied pull direction). Adjust the angle to 10 degrees to really see the shape, as the original angle is only 1.5 degrees.
- When clicking OK, the message "Missing neutral plane" appears.
What you want is that when hitting OK, the feature automatically uses the same implied neutral plane and pull direction that was showing you in the preview.
In general, I don't think this is simple to generalize because PartDesign_Draft
should work with different solid objects, not only regular bodies like cubes. For example, I tried many times to replicate this, but at some point it didn't show me the same preview. At some point it tried to pull in the direction of the Y_Axis
, instead of the Z_Axis
; it also showed me these errors in the Report View
Code: Select all
Adding face failed on Face3. Omitted
Adding face failed on Face4. Omitted
The preview pointed to the side, and not up. How is the software supposed to know that you want the draft in the Z direction, and not the other directions? It can guess, but it will not always guess what you want.
I feel that PartDesign_Draft
could automatically take the XY_Plane
(from the Origin
of the Body
) as Neutral plane
, but ultimately it'd be responsibility of the user selecting the right Neutral plane
and Pull direction
. Defining the Pull direction
automatically is a bit trickier because it really has to be an edge of the Body
, it cannot be one of the Body
Interestingly, in this case the Draft works if I only add the XY_Plane
as Neutral plane
, and leave Pull direction
empty. If I add the Z_Axis
as Pull direction
, it doesn't accept it.