What is needed and Release 14 Issues

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
pperisin

Re: What is needed and Release 14 Issues

Post by pperisin »

I'll need to see tonight if I have time to make new win unstable.
nithinrao

Post by nithinrao »

OKinstalled Ubuntu today and have a PPA update for FreeCAD.

Platform: 64-bit
Version: 0.14.2128 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: 163fbe1dcd9fc538810041569efc25a444d7cc25
Python version: 2.7.4
Qt version: 4.8.4
Coin version: 3.1.3
SoQt version: 1.5.0
OCC version: 6.5.0

Now waiting for the updated version..
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

Yes you can already test the new pop up behaviour with this version from PPA (you should not have problems deleting stuff inside the sketch anymore for example):

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4080&start=10#p32007

New ruled surface direction control will probably land in a day or two. Run update manager in Ubuntu tomorrow and it might be there already!
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

triplus wrote: (you should not have problems deleting stuff inside the sketch anymore for example):
Sorry, the error pops up again, but clicking OK the error goes away and the elements are deleted.

Edit: nevermind, it seems I didn't have the latest revision. I just updated and the error does not seem to occur anymore.

Platform: 64-bit
Version: 0.14.2128 (Git)
Branch: master
Hash: 163fbe1dcd9fc538810041569efc25a444d7cc25
Python version: 2.7.3
Qt version: 4.8.1
Coin version: 3.1.3
SoQt version: 1.5.0
OCC version: 6.5.0
Last edited by NormandC on Mon May 27, 2013 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added edit about update
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

And ruled surface direction control landed and is available on the PPA... I quickly tested it and now "automatic orientation" works better than default mode in the past did and if something still goes wrong there still is manual setting available in property view.

Great work this makes ruled surface feature usable for me now! Thanks.
nithinrao

Post by nithinrao »

:D. Just checked it out.. Works as needed. My question now is why are we implementing this as the property and not* directly on the..... OMG the ruled surface is not editable. and has no Qt Window. Will the implementation of the Qt Window happen later and was this just a functional update or how is it.

And also, I just compiled FreeCAD for the first time today.. Yohoo..
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

OMG the ruled surface is not editable. and has no Qt Window. Will the implementation of the Qt Window happen later and was this just a functional update or how is it.
Basically you said it all here:
Just checked it out.. Works as needed.
I waited one year+ to get this feature for example and now i works just like i imagine it should:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2337&start=0

About the ruled surface being editable...

You click on it and it's selected in tree view and properties are shown and you can edit them/surface... why would you want another "Qt Window" to do all that if you already have one (sidebar)? What i am trying to say is you currently already have what you are asking for...
nithinrao

Post by nithinrao »

Oh sorry for the confusion i did not mean a seperate qt window. But a sub window inside like fillet in PART the side bar. its better to control it from the window than from properties.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

I don't know about that. I think it makes more sense to have label/placement/direction/rotation/... properties of individual object under properties view because this are quite standard properties of each object. Having individual properties dialogues for every type of the object would probably be a step back.

Fillet command in edit mode from part workbench has it's own dialogue implemented because it's needed by the feature itself and not to control standard properties like label/placement/rotation... this standard properties are still under properties view for fillet objects too.
jrheinlaender

Post by jrheinlaender »

Coming back to the subject of how to best test a branch, I would be happy to put my branch onto my PPA if someone can explain to me how to make a debian source package from the FC sources. There is a script makedebian.sh in the package subdirectory but it asks for SVN so I guess it is kind of outdated.

How is the daily PPA build created?