NICE-TO-HAVE Slight changes to the grid drawing in Sketcher

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
grnwrnch

NICE-TO-HAVE Slight changes to the grid drawing in Sketcher

Post by grnwrnch »

Hi:
I'm an engineer, and have recently been switching from Pro/E to FreeCAD when I can, as a way of testing it out. There is one bit of low hanging fruit I wanted to pass on, which is that the "Auto" scaling of the grid is not my favorite. I wish there was a feature where you set it so that the grid covers the entireity of the sketcher view, instead of just a bit near the most recent sketch. Basically, when I try and draw something right now the grid goes away except near the object, so if I draw a 1mm square box on a 1mm grid, and then want to draw another box next to it, the grid goes away entirely. What I am having to do now is draw a huge box around everything, just to keep my grid, then draw my sketch, then erase the huge box.

Just something that would make using it a lot nicer. BTW: you guys are my heroes, I really applaud what you've done....
wmayer
Founder

Re: NICE-TO-HAVE Slight changes to the grid drawing in Sketcher

Post by wmayer »

Please add feature requests to this site https://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/f ... w_page.php Doing it in the forum is no good idea because it gets easily overlooked or forgotten.
bejant
Veteran

Post by bejant »

Feature request submitted as ticket 1271.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs