PartDesign new development, MultiBody and more

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wsteffe

Re: PartDesign new development, MultiBody and more

Post by wsteffe »

realthunder wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:16 pm Hmm... did you have multiple features in each new solids?
You may check by yourself with the annexed file.

You have to delete the Pad003 and assure that "auto solid group" is disabled for Body.
Then you may regenerate the Pad of Sketch003. A single new label will appear in the Model Tree
Attachments
test2.FCStd
(42.13 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
ngocminhdao88

Post by ngocminhdao88 »

Hi realthunder,

my FreeCAD crashed, when i tried to add a chamfer or fillet to those two corners (marked red). Can you please take a look at it? My working file is in attachment.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 2021.0301.23964 +3306 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: LinkStage3
Hash: 32f78691fae500e494879493abc2b74cff9585d3
Python version: 3.8.8
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
Attachments
3d-print-nutenstein.FCStd
(44.28 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Does anyone else run LinkStage3 on dual monitors. I can't get the combo-view toolbar to move to the second monitor, it just snaps back to the main screen. Using 2021.0301, win 10
Thanks
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Someone opened an issue about multi-monitor problem s on real thunders repo. I'd link to it but I'm on mobile right now
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Someone opened an issue about multi-monitor problem s on realthunders GitHub repo. I'd link to it but I'm on mobile right now
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
-alex-
Veteran

Post by -alex- »

realthunder wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:11 am This is what a history trace back look like. If you want to trace forward, use Alt + Shift + RMB. You edit it (equivalent to double click) with Shift + LMB.
Works like a charme, nice feature. To be honest that's not exactly the feature I was expecting, but that's a convenient feature for sure. Thank you.
BTW, I notice you also have a black background for the pie menu. Please try uncheck the following option and see if it helps. The option is in 'Preferences -> Display -> UI' and scroll it to the bottom.
That did the trick for me on Raspberry PI4, tks!

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.27256 (Git)
Build type: Unknown
Branch: LinkStage3
Hash: f938b5c9bc85d5cb35e6ad8cae443ea78f3d983e
Python version: 3.7.3
Qt version: 5.11.3
Coin version: 4.0.0a
OCC version: 7.3.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)
OficineRobotica

Post by OficineRobotica »

Kunda1 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:17 pm Someone opened an issue about multi-monitor problem s on realthunders GitHub repo. I'd link to it but I'm on mobile right now
Could you please re post this here with a link to the github issue? I have linked that forum thread to someone that had issues with multi monitor and would like to have better support. I sometimes get confused on where to post or link stuff with Realthunder's work. It's all over the place lol
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

OficineRobotica wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:09 am Could you please re post this here with a link to the github issue?
No probs. Here: https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_ ... issues/475
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

ngocminhdao88 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:34 pm my FreeCAD crashed, when i tried to add a chamfer or fillet to those two corners (marked red). Can you please take a look at it? My working file is in attachment.
Somehow missed your post. This crash is mostly likely an OCCT bug, which is fixed by one of the forum members. There are also some other fillet/chamfer related patch in that OCCT repo, but it's not easy to get it in Linux because all the other dependencies. The latest Windows LibPack do include this fix, but it also bundled with a buggy Qt.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
OficineRobotica

Post by OficineRobotica »

realthunder wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:43 am
[Feature Request]

There are so many features landing in to FreeCAD that it is easy to get lost. With the help of this thread https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27664

I discovered that it is indeed now possible to extrude closed contours of complex sketches. This is a feature that allot of new users coming from different software's are requesting and I wasn't even aware it is already possible. The feature is just one step away from perfect
Atm we need to export the desired wires to be extruded from inside the sketcher workbench with the "Export selected geometries as one single child object" tool but it would be perfect if we could select the desired wires from the PartDesign workbench > then hit the pad tool and the export mechanism would be automated. It is basically the same mechanism just more user orientated. Would that be possible?

I really really hope that what I have written makes sense but man this would be a killer feature to speed up some workflows.

extrude.jpeg
extrude.jpeg (327.14 KiB) Viewed 4061 times