Extruded cut by selected lines

About the development of the Part Design module/workbench. PLEASE DO NOT POST HELP REQUESTS HERE!
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mikecarlos

Extruded cut by selected lines

Post by mikecarlos »

Hi,

After spending hours of time searching in forums and videos. I decided to post it here.

I am designing a closure for electronics. I need to make openeings on the backpanle for connectors. I have imported the STEP of my connector. I selected the perimeter lines of the connector as in the image below. I want to cut my panel (grey) with this shape. How is this possible? Can you help?

Thanks

https://pasteboard.co/JDlLKuU.jpg

chrisb
Veteran

Re: Extruded cut by selected lines

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You have to select your enclosure, then the imported Step and make in Part workbench a boolean cut.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mikecarlos

Post by mikecarlos »

Thanks for the reply.

What if I wanted to transfer the selected edges (the green line in the image) to a sketch? Is this possible.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

mikecarlos wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:53 am What if I wanted to transfer the selected edges (the green line in the image) to a sketch?
You can downgrade the object in Draft workbench and convert wires to a sketch.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mikecarlos

Post by mikecarlos »

That works! Thx.