A2Plus Improve workbench assemblies

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dener_P3Dimensional

A2Plus Improve workbench assemblies

Post by Dener_P3Dimensional »

I recently did 2 big projects that I would only do in Solidworks but I accepted the challenge of doing it in Freecad. However I felt that some features of the A2Plus workbench could be better.

Below are the projects:

Sugestoes

1- You could have an option to align the pieces by their X,Y,Z planes.

2- In circles or cylindrical bodies could also use the planes, it would facilitate to fix screws and complex objects.

3- Improve animation between constraints, and make sub assemblies flexible, for example a cylinder that was assembled in the CYLINDER file and then when you insert it in the final assembly, it will not be necessary to enter the sub assembly to change the distance of the cylinder as in the blue winch I posted .

4- Parallel restrictions with distance option as suggested below.

5- I don't know why but when imported into TechDraw it's very slow to do the project views.

6- Option to mirror a piece
Attachments
Tank
Tank
Tanque-1.jpg (99.43 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
Jack
Jack
Guincho5.jpg (119.73 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
exemple2
exemple2
alinha objeto com virgula apos ajuste.png (221.05 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
exempl3
exempl3
Alihar objetos com planos.png (201 KiB) Viewed 1745 times
LHC

Re: A2Plus Improve workbench assemblies

Post by LHC »

I can’t offer any help but I’m subscribing to this thread to see what tips might result from it. Your models are somewhat rare in my opinion in that they are more complex than the usual ones shown and remind me of the type I used to be able to craft up in Fusion 360. I’m 10 months into using FreeCad on a hobby basis and I’m unable to do such models yet.

If you could perhaps post some of your tips and tricks you have come up with to create these models I’m sure bumblers like me would really appreciate it ! :lol:

Thanks !
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Moved to Assembly form.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jpg87

Post by jpg87 »

Dener_P3Dimensional wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:02 pm I recently did 2 big projects that I would only do in Solidworks but I accepted the challenge of doing it in Freecad. However I felt that some features of the A2Plus workbench could be better.
Hello,
One thing escapes me: it looks like you work in the Realthunder branch ... and yet you are using A2Plus !

In Assembly 3,
1- You can align the parts by the base planes.
2- You can make certain adjustments after constraints (offset, ...).
3- We can reflect a part (Link and scale = -1)

etc ...
My website : http://help-freecad-jpg87.fr updated 2023/11/06