Assembly 4 Stopped linking parts

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Zolko
Veteran

Re: Assembly 4 Stopped linking parts

Post by Zolko »

Routerworks wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:45 pm When I click on an assembly body the Link lights up however, if I then click on "Link" I get the error.
there is no Assembly4 assembly container in your file ! But the structure of an assembly is still there (Constrains group for example), which means you did something very unusual (may-be you deleted the initial Assembly but not its content).

What you can try to do to save your project is to create a new Part (yellow icon) and call it "Assembly". Then, in the properties panel, change the "Type" to "Assembly". Then move all the stuff that is in this file into that assembly (in the tree view: select everything, and drag them into the assembly)
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
Routerworks

Post by Routerworks »

Many thanks. It worked.
I can almost recall working on the assembly and making a mistake I couldn't account for. Think your right I must have deleted something by mistake.
Very powerful tool. Worth working with.
I included a screenshot. Can't resolve all the "recompute" icons but I'm getting a better understanding of the finer points day by day.

Thanks again.

Routerworks
Attachments
Screenshot 004.PNG
Screenshot 004.PNG (235.44 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
bambuko
Veteran

Post by bambuko »

Why do we have two posts (here and in assembly section - https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=64113) about the same thing?
I am using Link branch and Assembly3
you can also download ... and try it here
excellent Assembly3 tutorials here
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Not following this topic in detail, I hadn't realized that there are two of these. I have merged them now into one.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Routerworks

Post by Routerworks »

My apology. My mistake. I posted in a second space as I thought I might have posted in the wrong space to begin with.

Thanks again for the help.