Assembly 4 workbench

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
a.l

Re: Assembly 4 workbench

Post by a.l »

A small feature request.

Let's say an assembly is made up by parts, sub assemblies, LCS's and sketches.

I tend to add some parts, LCS's and sketches in an ad-hoc way so that in the end they are laid out in a random, but unwanted order.
What I'm seeking is a way to sort these different elements so that e.g. parts are alphabetically sorted and lying next to one another, but also that sketches also lie next to each other and so forth with LCS's.

Is there any way of achieving this today without deleting and re-adding all these elements again?

And if not it would be awesome to have such a 1) sort feature or 2) drag&drop re-ordering possibility.

Haavard

Post by Haavard »

a.l wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:22 pm What I'm seeking is a way to sort these different elements so that e.g. parts are alphabetically sorted and lying next to one another, but also that sketches also lie next to each other and so forth with LCS's.
This would also please my perfectionism disorder :lol:

For now, what you can do is use "groups" (folders), and drag-drop items into them. Also, if you drag something into a folder, and then out again, you can manipulate the order of items.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

a feature for reordering tree view elements was merged during the 0.20 dev cycle but was later reverted because it introduced many bugs so unfortunately it is not possible to do right now except for the group trick haavard mentioned and I think it's possible to do that with Part containers too but that might not be desirable here.