Test Request: Part Design Workflow

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ickby
Veteran

Re: Test Request: Part Design Workflow

Post by ickby »

drei wrote:Got a crash today (SIGSEV) , not sure if I did something I should not do.

Procedure:
  1. Start FreeCAD
  2. Create new Document
  3. Switch to Part Design Workbench
  4. Create Part object (yellow tag) from the Combo View
  5. Select the Part Object in the Tree View
  6. Add a body to the Part object
  7. Delete the body
  8. Add another body
I pushed some commits to the rebaseMaster branch, one is a fix for this bug. Note that I also rebased the code to master.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Thanks ickby,
I get a single errror on Win VC12,x64, release

Code: Select all

Error	2	error C1189: #error :  Deprecated: use SoMultiTextureEnabledElement instead	C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\FClibs_vc12_x64\FreeCADLibs_11.1_x64_VC12\include\Inventor\elements\SoGLTexture3EnabledElement.h	36	1	coin
"fight the good fight"
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

sgrogan wrote:Thanks ickby,

Error	2	error C1189: #error :  Deprecated: use SoMultiTextureEnabledElement instead	C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\FClibs_vc12_x64\FreeCADLibs_11.1_x64_VC12\include\Inventor\elements\SoGLTexture3EnabledElement.h	36	1	coin
thanks for testing sgrogan. But I can't imagine what this error should be, I did not do anything with coin. Can you please post the whole bug report? Also it may be good idea to try a full rebuild, as a large rebase and many changes sometimes breaks the incremental builds.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

ickby wrote:But I can't imagine what this error should be
Some hack trying to compile the wrong branch :oops:
The real errors for the rebaseMaster branch VS2013 x64 release

Error	28	error C3083: '__cxx11': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type	c:\users\sim\documents\sw_projects\amm1\src\mod\partdesign\gui\ViewProviderBody.h	62	1	PartDesignGui
Error	29	error C3083: '__cxx11': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type	c:\users\sim\documents\sw_projects\amm1\src\mod\partdesign\gui\ViewProviderBody.h	62	1	PartDesignGui
Error	30	error C3083: '__cxx11': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type	C:\Users\sim\Documents\SW_Projects\AMM1\src\Mod\PartDesign\Gui\ViewProviderBody.cpp	115	1	PartDesignGui
Error	31	error C3083: '__cxx11': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a type	c:\users\sim\documents\sw_projects\amm1\src\mod\partdesign\gui\ViewProviderBody.h	62	1	PartDesignGui
"fight the good fight"
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

ickby wrote:
sgrogan wrote:Thanks ickby,

thanks for testing sgrogan. But I can't imagine what this error should be, I did not do anything with coin. Can you please post the whole bug report? Also it may be good idea to try a full rebuild, as a large rebase and many changes sometimes breaks the incremental builds.
Isn't this one of the error messages you get when trying to build pivy with Coin4.x? Does your branch still have the pivy sources included?
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

@ickby, are you sure this is proper C++11 code?

virtual void setOverrideMode(const std::__cxx11::string& mode);
To me it looks like some gcc specific extension. And what would be the difference between std::__cxx11::string and std::string, btw?
ickby
Veteran

Post by ickby »

ah I see, this is some auto completion from my IDE... I did not notice this while developing. This is indeed some standart library implementation dependend detail, it should of course be std::string only.

I will fix it this afternoon.
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

wmayer wrote: Isn't this one of the error messages you get when trying to build pivy with Coin4.x? Does your branch still have the pivy sources included?
Yes, this is the case. I tried to compile the assemblyMergeMaster1 branch. It still has the Cmake flage to USE_EXNERNAL_PIVY which I missed.
The rebaseMaster branch still contains the PIVY source though, although USE_EXTERNAL_PIVY is not necessary. https://github.com/blobfish/FreeCAD_sf_ ... c/3rdParty
"fight the good fight"
sgrogan
Veteran

Post by sgrogan »

Using std::string, I now get a linker error

Error	30	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class Base::Type __cdecl Gui::ViewProviderOriginFeature::getClassTypeId(void)" (?getClassTypeId@ViewProviderOriginFeature@Gui@@SA?AVType@Base@@XZ) referenced in function "protected: void __cdecl PartDesignGui::ViewProviderBody::slotChangedObjectGui(class Gui::ViewProviderDocumentObject const &,class App::Property const &)" (?slotChangedObjectGui@ViewProviderBody@PartDesignGui@@IEAAXAEBVViewProviderDocumentObject@Gui@@AEBVProperty@App@@@Z)	C:\Users\sim\Documents\SW_Projects\rebaseMaster2-build\src\Mod\PartDesign\Gui\ViewProviderBody.obj	PartDesignGui
Error	31	error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals	C:\Users\sim\Documents\SW_Projects\rebaseMaster2-build\Mod\PartDesign\PartDesignGui.pyd	PartDesignGui
"fight the good fight"
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

https://github.com/blobfish/FreeCAD_sf_ ... nFeature.h lacks of the "GuiExport" export macro.