Links

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ickby
Veteran

Re: Links

Post by ickby »

Your branch does currently not compile, there is a missing file:
/home/stefan/Projects/FreeCAD_sf_master/src/Gui/ViewProviderLink.cpp:47:32: fatal error: ViewProviderLinkPy.h:
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

ickby wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 am Your branch does currently not compile, there is a missing file:
/home/stefan/Projects/FreeCAD_sf_master/src/Gui/ViewProviderLink.cpp:47:32: fatal error: ViewProviderLinkPy.h:
Fixed. That header is not needed. I forget to remove it.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Jee-Bee wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:50 pm why not just add it to Assembly 2?
I intend to, which is why I said it will be a fork of assembly2. It's just that the modification is going to be significant. And I doubt it is feasible to be backward compatible with project created by the old assembly2.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

thanks for explaining
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

I saw the links is not yet added to master. is this still the planning? I hope it will not be pulled back
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

Jee-Bee wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:08 pm I saw the links is not yet added to master. is this still the planning? I hope it will not be pulled back
I have divided my branches into three large patch set against the upstream master, and I've just started submitting the first patch set two weeks ago. I'd expect it to take at least a few months to get through, if at all.
Jee-Bee
Veteran

Post by Jee-Bee »

realthunder wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:03 pm I have divided my branches into three large patch set against the upstream master, and I've just started submitting the first patch set two weeks ago. I'd expect it to take at least a few months to get through, if at all.
I hope so!! I think FreeCAD is stronger with this as first and as second it looks like a large amount of work!!
MRx

Post by MRx »

Is there a way to retrieve all the transformed Edges and Faces at once?

Iterating through the main object and using getSubObject takes a long time.