It's exciting to see this project, and it's clear I'm not alone in wanting to send Thanks and Respect for all your time and expertise devoted to extending FreeCAD. After finally getting the opportunity to download your latest AppImage from GitHub, I started to try to follow the basic introductory Tutorial. Unfortunately the second step fails with the "Add Workplane" greyed-out.
Steps to reproduce :
- Launch by double-click the locally-downloaded file "FreeCAD-asm3-20180331-6008183c-b5489b8.glibc2.17-x86_64.AppImage"
- Click "Create a new empty document (Ctrl+N)"
- Click "Create assembly (A, N)"
- Select the newly created "Assembly" in the Combo-View tree
- "Add Workplane" is greyed-out
Have I misunderstood something, or is there an assumed-step missing from the tutorial, or is it a bug?
Code: Select all
OS: Linux Mint 18.1 Serena Word size of OS: 64-bit Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit Version: 0.17.5235 (Git shallow) AppImage Build type: None Branch: LinkStage3 Hash: ccaa87e12aaadbd3106607fc503542a863b742da Python version: 2.7.6 Qt version: 4.8.6 Coin version: 4.0.0a OCC version: 7.1.0 Locale: English/UnitedKingdom (en_GB)