Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
User avatar
fosselius
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:03 am

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby fosselius » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:17 am

congratulation on getting Link merged, i guess you still have a lot of work to do before the Link merge sinks in among the developers, what is the plan for toponaming? will you wait until 0.20 to make a PR? how big do you think toponaming PR will be?
realthunder
Posts: 1207
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby realthunder » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:19 am

fosselius wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:17 am
congratulation on getting Link merged, i guess you still have a lot of work to do before the Link merge sinks in among the developers, what is the plan for toponaming? will you wait until 0.20 to make a PR? how big do you think toponaming PR will be?
I plan to submit the version control related patch, which is relatively small. Then I'll submit the toponaming PR. It is bigger, but not Link merge big. It is however technically more complex, and has a deeper impact, too. I am not sure whether it will get approved in time or not, but at least it'll get some review.
Try Assembly3 (latest version 0.10.2) along with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
triplus
Posts: 8756
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby triplus » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:27 pm

realthunder wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:19 am
I plan to submit the version control related patch, which is relatively small.
As there are currently two ongoing efforts and both are targeting upstreaming:

https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 10#p327836

Likely first discussing things a bit more, and trying to reach consensus, makes the most sense.
efyx
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby efyx » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:31 am

realthunder wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 am
I don't know is this a good place, but I found two issues in your newest Assembly 3 build: Version: 0.19.17089 +1543 (Git)

1. 3dconnecxion spacemouse stop to work while selecting faces of parts (you need to click somewhere else in model window to start it working again)
2. When I create first assembly I cannot perform any drawing for sub-parts. It is creating only main assembly drawing. I set part as active before try. (Looks like there is some problem with techdraw - drawing is outside part container, but this is different subject)
User avatar
ceremcem
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby ceremcem » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:50 pm

efyx wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:31 am
I don't know is this a good place,
I prefer reporting issues at https://github.com/realthunder/FreeCAD_assembly3/issues. It's more appropriate place as this thread is a "chat room" and github is a real issue tracker.
realthunder
Posts: 1207
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby realthunder » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:04 am

efyx wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:31 am
realthunder wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 am
I don't know is this a good place, but I found two issues in your newest Assembly 3 build: Version: 0.19.17089 +1543 (Git)

1. 3dconnecxion spacemouse stop to work while selecting faces of parts (you need to click somewhere else in model window to start it working again)
2. When I create first assembly I cannot perform any drawing for sub-parts. It is creating only main assembly drawing. I set part as active before try. (Looks like there is some problem with techdraw - drawing is outside part container, but this is different subject)
Yes, github is better for issue tracking. Regarding your second question, yes, TechDraw right now can only draw the whole assembly. You can create link to sub-parts and draw on that.
Try Assembly3 (latest version 0.10.2) along with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
HoWil
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:31 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby HoWil » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Any chance that we get an appimage for testing the current status after the first commit?
I could not find one on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases .
BR
User avatar
ceremcem
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby ceremcem » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm

HoWil wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm
Any chance that we get an appimage for testing the current status after the first commit?
I could not find one on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases .
BR
Regardless of @realthunder's response, I'd like to suggest you my builder scripts which is very handy if you keep up the bleeding edge: https://github.com/ceremcem/build-freecad-asm3/
HoWil
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:31 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby HoWil » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm

ceremcem wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:21 pm
HoWil wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:16 pm
Any chance that we get an appimage for testing the current status after the first commit?
I could not find one on https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases .
BR
Regardless of @realthunder's response, I'd like to suggest you my builder scripts which is very handy if you keep up the bleeding edge: https://github.com/ceremcem/build-freecad-asm3/
Sorry for being not specific enough .... I would like to test the current 0.19 including the parts merged from realthunder ("FreeCAD-Staging" from https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases). I got lacy over the years 8-) and appimages are a nice way to test the current status in less than 1/2 hour simply be downloading the image. I know that the amount of data downloaded by appimages compared to a git fetch is huge but I recently do not have so much spare time for compiling than I had years ago :o .
realthunder
Posts: 1207
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:55 am

Re: Assembly3 preview

Postby realthunder » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:03 am

HoWil wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 pm
Sorry for being not specific enough .... I would like to test the current 0.19 including the parts merged from realthunder ("FreeCAD-Staging" from https://github.com/FreeCAD/FreeCAD/releases). I got lacy over the years 8-) and appimages are a nice way to test the current status in less than 1/2 hour simply be downloading the image. I know that the amount of data downloaded by appimages compared to a git fetch is huge but I recently do not have so much spare time for compiling than I had years ago :o .
I don't who is handling the AppImage build for upstream. I can put some build in my repo if necessary.

sgrogan wrote: ping
Any idea?
Try Assembly3 (latest version 0.10.2) along with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal