Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ceremcem

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by ceremcem »

easyw-fc wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:37 pm
jpg87 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm Hi,
I've been working on another topic for some time, but I'm still very much attentive to the development of ASM3.
I have a problem however: the images you provide are going too fast for me!
I have found a way to start the first image, but the scroll is too fast for me, and as we can not put a picture gif paused, I am forced to restart each time at the beginning.
If you could make videos available for download in another format that can be played with a possible pause, I would be particularly pleased!
Unless you know a converter (free of course if possible), I'll manage.
I have a program (Camtasia Studio), for which I acquired a license he has years for my work, but oddly he rarely reads your files gif ...

Thank you very much.
try smplayer https://portableapps.com/apps/music_vid ... r_portable
it can open and play gifs
Handbrake can convert gif to MP4
https://handbrake.fr/
I'm facing with the same problem and I find it useful to convert gifs to videos at the moment:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

gif=$1
out="${gif%.gif}.webm"
echo "converting $gif to $out"
ffmpeg -y -i $gif -r 16 -c:v libvpx -quality good -cpu-used 0 -b:v 500K -crf 12 -pix_fmt yuv420p -movflags faststart $out
gflorent

Post by gflorent »

jpg87 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:35 pm Hi,
I've been working on another topic for some time, but I'm still very much attentive to the development of ASM3.
I have a problem however: the images you provide are going too fast for me!
I have found a way to start the first image, but the scroll is too fast for me, and as we can not put a picture gif paused, I am forced to restart each time at the beginning.
On Linux, I think mplayer can play gifs slower.
Save the animated gif to disk and then:

Code: Select all

mplayer -speed 0.2 your_gif
Will play at 20% of the initial speed. Pause with the space bar.
Hope it helps to get the best of realthunder's animated gif tutos.
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

Hello, I would like to report a problem encountered on FreeCAD A3 brench (built by me on Ubuntu 18.04).

After having activated the Spreadsheet WB I pressed the leftmost icon to create a new Spreadsheet.
This operation failed with the following error message displayed in the Report view:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
<class 'Base.FreeCADError'>: No document object found of type 'Spreadsheet::Sheet'
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wsteffe wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:25 am <class 'Base.FreeCADError'>: No document object found of type 'Spreadsheet::Sheet'
Seems the Spreadsheet module is not complied right. Any message when you just activate the Spreadsheet workbench? And any message when you run 'import Spreadsheet' in Python console?
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

no message in report view when activating Spreadsheet. Python console displays:
>>>> Gui.activateWorkbench("SpreadsheetWorkbench")

But in a python console I get:

>>> import Spreadsheet
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Spreadsheet

May be it is due to the fact that, for some reason, on ubuntu 18.04 the python modules are not installed by make install.
We have already seen that. In fact, after make install, I had to copy asm3 folder into /home/walter/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wsteffe wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:55 am May be it is due to the fact that, for some reason, on ubuntu 18.04 the python modules are not installed by make install.
We have already seen that. In fact, after make install, I had to copy asm3 folder into /home/walter/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages.
Spreadsheet is a internal module.

Since you have built my branch yourself, can you please try running FreeCAD directly at the build directory, just run build/bin/FreeCAD, and try spreadsheet again.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

Hello realthunder,
when running directly from build directory the spreadsheet is created without errors as you may see from internal python console:

>>> App.newDocument("Unnamed")
>>> App.setActiveDocument("Unnamed")
>>> App.ActiveDocument=App.getDocument("Unnamed")
>>> Gui.ActiveDocument=Gui.getDocument("Unnamed")
>>> Gui.activateWorkbench("SpreadsheetWorkbench")
>>> App.activeDocument().addObject('Spreadsheet::Sheet','Spreadsheet')

Neverheless, when running from build, I encountered an other problem:
FC crashed immediately after opening of a FC file saved a few ours ago in FC running from installdir (/usr/local/bin/FreeCAD)
The following message is reported on bash console (where I started FD):

FreeCAD: /home/walter/Software/FreeCad/FreeCAD/src/Mod/Part/Gui/SoBrepFaceSet.cpp:181: PartGui::SoBrepFaceSet::SoBrepFaceSet():
Assertion `SoBrepFaceSet::classTypeId != SoType::badType() && "you forgot init()!"' failed.

This failure does not occur if FC is run from install dir.
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

wsteffe wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:06 am FreeCAD: /home/walter/Software/FreeCad/FreeCAD/src/Mod/Part/Gui/SoBrepFaceSet.cpp:181: PartGui::SoBrepFaceSet::SoBrepFaceSet():
Assertion `SoBrepFaceSet::classTypeId != SoType::badType() && "you forgot init()!"' failed.

This failure does not occur if FC is run from install dir.
It seems that you are still mixing different versions of FC. Please make sure you have already uninstall all other versions. The above error may also suggest that the pivy build you are suing is incompatible with the libCoin.so your FC is using. Try uninstall pivy and see.
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

Hello realthunder,

The Spreadsheet problem was due to an old Spreadsheet.py in /usr/local/Mod.
There were other old files (from FC installation of 2014) but now I have removed them all.
So now Spreadsheet works well also in FC executed from installdir.

The other problem (crash upon opening a file ..) has not disappeared.
The pivy module was installed a few days ago with apt-get install python-pivy.
The system pivy should be compatible with system libcoin (installed with apt-get install libcoin80-dev).
I think that this pivy is working well. No problem when FC is run from install dir.
If I remove pivy I get the error "No module named pivy" in the Report view.

Because the crash occurs only if FC is run from build directory, perhaps there is another pivy module (incompatible with the system libcoin)
inside of the build directory which is found before the system pivy if FC is run from the build directory.
wsteffe

Post by wsteffe »

Hello realthunder,
following the suggestion of easyw-fc, I am readdressing here a post (already placed in Open discussion/Part vs Pat Design) concerning what I think is a bug affecting the A3 branch (but may be also the master, I do not know).

Update:

I have just realized that FreeCAD is already using OCAF and STEPCAFControl_Writer in order to export step files.
The problem I have (faces are not exported) now seems due to a bug.

To reproduce it:
- open the annexed file.
- Select BC_Gold (which was generated with Part Design/ShapeBinder and placed in a new body renamed as BC_Gold)
- Export it as STEP with colors.

The following message appears in the Report view:
<Import> ImportOCAF2.cpp(990): Body001 has null shape

But Body001 (original name of BC_Gold) has a shape which is a link to a face.
I think that the problem is originated in Part::Feature::getTopoShape which fails to retrieve the shape.
Attachments
box1.fcstd
(13.16 KiB) Downloaded 73 times