Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
realthunder
Veteran

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by realthunder »

triplus wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:54 pm Yes. When you enabled redundant constraint tolerance. PlaneAlignment started to work more like Assembly 2. Composite constraints didn't cause solver troubles anymore as before. After you added the additional logic to handle composite constraints. I got results as seen above. I didn't save the original file therefore i made a new one and attached it. Notice that it only took 2 PlaneAlignment constraints this time for things to start misbehaving. In addition try to delete a cube from assembly (FreeCAD crash).
I have added property to Assembly container named 'AutoRelax' to let user turn on/off this option. It is by default off right now, because it is apparently not matured yet. PlaneCoincident relaxation is always on regardless of this setting because SolveSpace always fail otherwise. The crash seems to have been fixed, as I cannot repeat it. I am about to release a new version, so I am in asm3 master branch and FreeCAD LinkStage3 now.
Last edited by realthunder on Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

GlouGlou wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:39 pm I agree with that. But its not possible to use clones?
You don't want to use clone here, because you loose all the useful child objects.

If you don't want the assembly to touch your body's placement, simple right click the item in the tree view and select 'Link actions' -> 'Make link', and then add the newly created link to the assembly container, instead. This way, you can access the child object as usual.

If that is your workflow, i.e. you never want assembly to change your original object's placement, change the 'Parts' (under assembly) container's property 'GroupMode' to 'AutoLink' or 'AutoUnlink'. Now, when drag anything into the assembly, it will automatically create link(s) for you. If 'GroupMode' is 'AutoUnlink', if you drag out the link inside the assembly, it will auto delete the link.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

New version is released, although this release is mostly for testing the new topological naming in Part workbench.
triplus
Veteran

Post by triplus »

realthunder wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:04 am I have added property to Assembly container named 'AutoRelax' to let user turn on/off this option. It is by default off right now, because it is apparently not matured yet.
Sounds reasonable.
New version is released, although this release is mostly for testing the new topological naming in Part workbench.
Good to hear that.
freecad-heini-1
Veteran

Post by freecad-heini-1 »

Whow, what a great Easter present for us.
Thank you so much Realthunder.

I tried the appimage:

Happy Easter to all.
Vincent B
Veteran

Post by Vincent B »

about the new realease
Arrgggg :cry: how to disable auto highlight? its useless, and make a lot of bug.
.cannot select any face or edge
.cannot use ext geometry
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

GlouGlou wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:33 am about the new realease
Arrgggg :cry: how to disable auto highlight? its useless, and make a lot of bug.
.cannot select any face or edge
.cannot use ext geometry
Right click anywhere in the tree view, select 'Tree View Options' -> 'Pre-Select'. Could you please elaborate on the problem you have encountered? Better if you can attach some screencast, and the FreeCAD about page.
Vincent B
Veteran

Post by Vincent B »

ok for the autohighlight ;)
I still can't select any edge as external geometry on sketch 4.
Attachments
test.FCStd
(28.66 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

GlouGlou wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:32 am ok for the autohighlight ;)
I still can't select any edge as external geometry on sketch 4.
Thanks to your reporting, I've identified and fixed at least three bugs. Can you build FreeCAD yourself? If so, please sync and update LinkStage3. If not, I can release a bug fix version. I'll release it either way, but would like to wait for a while in case there are other bugs reported.
Vincent B
Veteran

Post by Vincent B »

realthunder wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:18 am Can you build FreeCAD yourself?
No, sorry im a only W10 user :roll: