Assembly3 preview

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
by Jandro

Re: Assembly3 preview

Post by by Jandro »

Realmente es muy interesante la hoja de cálculo en FreeCAD, el archivo de ejemplo me ha enseñado el poder que tiene esta función para añadir elementos extra en FreeCAD muy interesante.,

Google translate.

The spreadsheet in FreeCAD is really very interesting, the sample file has taught me the power that this function has to add extra elements in FreeCAD, very interesting.
nic

Post by nic »

realthunder wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:47 am Ping
Hi @realthunder,

I'm using your AppImages without any issue. However, I noticed that loading the "EngineBlock.FCStd" shown in the Start Page yields the following error:

Code: Select all

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/.mount_FreeCAMkkEZr/usr/Mod/Draft/draftobjects/bspline.py", line 109, in execute
    spline.interpolate(obj.Points, PeriodicFlag = True, Parameters = self.knotSeq)
<class 'Part.OCCError'>: Standard_ConstructionError
Recompute failed! Please check report view.
Freecad_asm3_issue.png
Freecad_asm3_issue.png (60.64 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

FreeCAD info:

Code: Select all

OS: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Regolith:GNOME-Flashback:GNOME/regolith)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.21300 +2358 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: LinkStage3
Hash: e320e2176549a14d074cf1031115cf71f22fa322
Python version: 3.7.6
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: French/France (fr_FR)
czinehuba

Post by czinehuba »

Hi @realthunder,

In your latest image the mesh design workspace gives and error when using tesselate shape.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
<class 'ImportError'>: /tmp/.mount_FreeCAgdxl0m/usr/lib64/../lib/libNETGENPlugin.so.8.3: undefined symbol: _ZN6netgen11NgExceptionD1Ev

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.21300 +2358 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Branch: LinkStage3
Hash: e320e2176549a14d074cf1031115cf71f22fa322
Python version: 3.7.6
Qt version: 5.12.1
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United Kingdom (en_GB)
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

czinehuba wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:31 am Hi @realthunder,

In your latest image the mesh design workspace gives and error when using tesselate shape.
The problem is fixed in the latest Image 0618.
Try Assembly3 with my custom build of FreeCAD at here.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
czinehuba

Post by czinehuba »

realthunder wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 am
The problem is fixed in the latest Image 0618.
Great stuff as always. Thanks
Huba
HoWil
Veteran

Post by HoWil »

realthunder wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:23 pm
czinehuba wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:07 am That solved most of the problem. It's is still slower a bit. But I guess it's an OCC issue, rather then freecad.
I have just updated the release images, adding a few parameters in the preference dialog to address this problem. The lower bounds shown below will limit the Deviation and AngularDeflection setting in any existing document. I chose the default values so that you can open any document with OCC 7.4 just fine. You can also enable the 'Override' option to override the Maximum Deviation and AngularDeflection setting in the view object. This effectively disabled view object control of these two parameters, so better use with caution. These settings shouldn't have any effect with Mesh exporting, I think.
Any chance to get such "smaller" improvements faster into master?
Such changes do not build on the stuff from the ongoing "big" merge or?
I would like to encourage you to get your really fantastic stuff into master. As fast as possible, please :!: :mrgreen:
OficineRobotica

Post by OficineRobotica »

realthunder wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:40 am ping
Realthunder please help. I can't seem to figure if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to rebuild my CNC with asm3 and I'm facing some perplexities.

In this particular example my reasoning was as follows:
-create the alluminium extrusion and pad it 1mm
-import into the assembly and scale the link on the Y axis for 700 as i need a 700mm length alluminum extrusion
-i need 4 of them so I increase the element count of the link to 4

now for the problems. If i try to "Transform" the top link everithing is ok but if I want to "Transform" the individual sub elements they get stretched. I could import 4 times the original pad and avoid the scaling problem but this would defeat the element count purpose. Is there something that I'm missing?
Also , it would be really useful if the scaling vector is displayed withought using the "show all" option in the properties. It is such a handy feature and in this particular example shows the real power of the link system.
transform.jpeg
transform.jpeg (258.5 KiB) Viewed 1910 times
asm3cnc.FCStd
(33.97 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Check out my Youtube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/@OficineRobotica
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

OficineRobotica wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:28 am now for the problems. If i try to "Transform" the top link everithing is ok but if I want to "Transform" the individual sub elements they get stretched. I could import 4 times the original pad and avoid the scaling problem but this would defeat the element count purpose. Is there something that I'm missing?
When you increase the element count, the parent Link becomes a group like object hosting all the child links. Therefore, the scale is applied after each child Link's own transformation. So, what you want is to apply the scale to each child link instead.

Also , it would be really useful if the scaling vector is displayed withought using the "show all" option in the properties. It is such a handy feature and in this particular example shows the real power of the link system.
Non-uniform scale is discouraged because it may distort underlying geometry using B-Spline or whatever. But in your use case, it is probably fine. I'll make it possible for the user to remove the 'Hidden' status in next release.
And if you'd like to show your support, you can donate through patreon, liberapay, or paypal
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

HoWil wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:58 pm Any chance to get such "smaller" improvements faster into master?
Such changes do not build on the stuff from the ongoing "big" merge or?
I would like to encourage you to get your really fantastic stuff into master. As fast as possible, please :!: :mrgreen:
PR submitted here
realthunder
Veteran

Post by realthunder »

nic wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:27 am I'm using your AppImages without any issue. However, I noticed that loading the "EngineBlock.FCStd" shown in the Start Page yields the following error:
It is failing in upstream as well, if you mark the entire document for recomputing. I guess it is because of changes in Draft WB.