[SOLVED] How to make a STEP file contain exactly one visible part?

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ceremcem

[SOLVED] How to make a STEP file contain exactly one visible part?

Post by ceremcem »

When a part has more than one visible parts Assembly 2 refuses to import the part with the following error:
A part can only be imported from a FreeCAD document with exactly one visible part. Aborting operation
So, how can we pack the whole drawing into one visible part?
Last edited by ceremcem on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: How to make a STEP file contain exactly one visible part?

Post by chrisb »

Why not copy the file and make the objects alternately visible?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
ceremcem

Post by ceremcem »

The answer was laying in a forum post:
NormandC wrote: Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:04 am You can apply a Image Part Fuse to make it a single part. But if you actually want these components to be separate, then you will have to export them to separate FreeCAD files for them to work in the Assembly2 module.
ceremcem

Post by ceremcem »

chrisb wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:04 pm Why not copy the file and make the objects alternately visible?
Do you mean separating objects into different documents? If so, the reason why I can't do it is that the drawing consists of about a hundred of sub-parts which will consume huge amount of time.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

ceremcem wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 pm Do you mean separating objects into different documents? If so, the reason why I can't do it is that the drawing consists of about a hundred of sub-parts which will consume huge amount of time.
That's what I had in mind, but your argument is very convincing. I had thought you wanted to place the subobjects in changing positions.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.