Another approach to assembly solver (A2plus)

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
manuelkrause

Re: Another approach to assembly solver (A2plus)

Post by manuelkrause »

manuelkrause wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:44 pm
kbwbe wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:29 pm
manuelkrause wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:09 pm undefined curve type
Hi Manuel,
I did not address this error up to now, but will have a look at it yet. So if this is the only error, i assume all the other problems vanished. Yeah!
We are getting closer to a important release step.

BR
Klaus
No, sorry. My re-testing was following my earlier error reportings. Now I come to your recent changes of this evening.
I'd report back as soon as done.

BTW, always keep in mind, that most of _my_ error reportings are due to the Py3/Qt5 etc. changes. The Py2... doesn't make problems for A2Plus.
And you shouldn't rely on that people remain at Py2 stuff...
Hi Klaus,
really quick and very good work!
No more window and sub-window-issues any more with my local opensuse FC (so, shouldn't for Conda).
Some simple first tested constraints work and delete properly.

That's really great work!

My very best regards,
Manuel
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

kbwbe wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:28 am
roerich_64 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:05 am When i add a new part in OpenInventorModus i need the CTRL Bottom to click on the draft to lay them down.
A2+ has no knows, that the CTRL was needed with left Mouse click to lay them down.
Hi Walter,
this is fixed with new version v0.1.8.5
Please update your A2plus WB.
Hi Klaus,
Very fast update! Thank's!

It works great :)

BR
Walter
Die Liebe wird siegen, denn sie ist unzerstörbar :) ;)
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

Hi Klaus,

Let us more work on debugging:
Controller_III.jpg
Controller_III.jpg (193.11 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Point_I:
I builded a master cube to make the housing more stable when i make changes. To look anytime through them i gave them a transparency of 80.
After save, close and load the assembly file the transparency number is 80 but the master cube are not transparent. I must overwrite the transparency nummer to look through the master cube.

Point_II:
The master cube has no transparency when i end the 'show connected elements' function.
The transparency number is still 80. I overwrite the transparency number and it is now transparent.

Point_III:
I can not end the 'show connected elements' function in Open Inventor Modus. The end routine recognize not the CTRL-Mouse Left-Click.

Point_IV:
When i gave a Part in a subassembly the Material info, this Info comes not in the masters assembly.

Point_V:
When i combine Parts with Parts out of the Fasteners-WB with 'convert parts in a2 plus form' i cannot generate the spreadsheet of partslist.

Regards
Walter

p.s
Info of my System:
    Word size of OS: 64-bit
    Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
    Version: 0.18.15481 (Git)
    Build type: Release
    Branch: master
    Hash: 763b5c362fe4b98dca858f86f5d1353075224651
    Python version: 2.7.14
    Qt version: 4.8.7
    Coin version: 4.0.0a
    OCC version: 7.2.0
    Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

roerich_64 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:53 amPoint_I:
I builded a master cube to make the housing more stable when i make changes. To look anytime through them i gave them a transparency of 80.
After save, close and load the assembly file the transparency number is 80 but the master cube are not transparent. I must overwrite the transparency nummer to look through the master cube.

Point_II:
The master cube has no transparency when i end the 'show connected elements' function.
The transparency number is still 80. I overwrite the transparency number and it is now transparent.
Hi Walter, does a Force_Recompute help?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

This reminds me an issue on FC trasparent shapes on save and re- open the file...
manuelkrause

Post by manuelkrause »

easyw-fc wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:26 am This reminds me an issue on FC trasparent shapes on save and re- open the file...
Hi @easyw-fc,
do you have any actual insight whether there's any developer discussing and or working on this?
I have stopped trying to get this to work (within the A2plus WB python code only) some weeks ago, as I am not too convinced of my programming skills and my results have not provided enough reliability over more assembly/sub-assembly stages (namely leading to unselectable faces).

Please let me know, if you know more about it.
BR,
Manuel
roerich_64
Veteran

Post by roerich_64 »

Hi all.

@Chrisb
Thank you for thinking. I think, you are nearly right. Why i coming to this?

P_II:
I wake up my PC out of the hibernation. Then i click on a constraint in the tree to 'show the connected elements'. I end this function with a click in the drawing window outside the draft. And now... all is OK :shock: :)
My thoughts are going in the direction i must install more RAM... The PC has now 8GB. I think i should install 16GB.

P_I:
It is the same after Save, Close, Load the file. Also Recompute with F5 helps not. But that is not disturbing. I can live with that issue :)

Ok. P_I and P_II are solved :)

P_III, P_IV, P_V are still open

Regards
Walter
manuelkrause

Post by manuelkrause »

easyw-fc wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:26 am This reminds me an issue on FC trasparent shapes on save and re- open the file...
@easyw-fc:
... sorry, I really don't want to disturb you these days, but I've simply forgotten to ask you the following, mainly related to the transparency topic:
You've recently initiated the commit: https://github.com/kbwbe/A2plus/commit/ ... 8d9199beab (where solids instead of shells get forwarded from the A2plus muxers).
Does this have any impact on the 3D visualization together with color & transparency of faces? Or is it only a different geometry representation handed over?

TIA, BR,
Manuel
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

roerich_64 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:46 pm Also Recompute with F5 helps not. But that is not disturbing. I can live with that issue :)
Did you mark the whole file for recompute before F5?

FreeCAD does not use very much resources here, but perhaps that's different for your high resolution models. So perhaps you should try to increase the tesselation until your model is finished and decrease it in a final step.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
easyw-fc
Veteran

Post by easyw-fc »

manuelkrause wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:47 pm
@easyw-fc:
... sorry, I really don't want to disturb you these days, but I've simply forgotten to ask you the following, mainly related to the transparency topic:
You've recently initiated the commit: https://github.com/kbwbe/A2plus/commit/ ... 8d9199beab (where solids instead of shells get forwarded from the A2plus muxers).
Does this have any impact on the 3D visualization together with color & transparency of faces? Or is it only a different geometry representation handed over?

TIA, BR,
Manuel
My code shouldn't impact the result. Anyway it can be tested using a release previous of my commit.
Please note that having the assembly composed by solids instead of shells will allow to export directly the assembly to STEP with solids insteads of surfaces (which is quite disturbing to handle STEP files) and will allow also boolean operations on assembly or STEP exported model.