No, currently not. However @realthunder works on this one: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 20#p265391
Currently I'm performing such operations with spreadsheet + macro:
1. Suppose you placed a spreadsheet s
in your file f
which provides the parameters p1,p2,...
2. Place a regex in a cell to parse the filename f
to generate p1, p2, ...
3. Use the following macro to parse the filename and generate the parameters: https://github.com/ceremcem/assembly-dimensions
Now your workflow will look like this:
1. Design your model (say this is a bolt)
2. Copy and paste your fcstd file with appropriate names (such as "M2x15mm.fcstd", "M3x20mm.fcstd", etc...)
3. Open the files you just copied
4. Run the macro to update the parameters
5. Use those files (models) in your actual model.
6. When it's time to make some updates in your "bolt" model, delete all copies
7. Make your changes
8. Re-copy with the same names (okay, you may need a bash script for that purpose)
9. Open every newly created file again
10. Run the macro to update the parameters
11. Your model will be updated accordingly.
Those pin-headers are made with this approach: https://github.com/ceremcem/FreeCAD-Asm ... pin-header