kbwbe wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:12 pm
i think i can help you with a small script. But you would have to run it for each assembly separately. I do not have the time for a more complete solution. Would this be ok ?
That would be more than perfect, of course!
Could also help other FreeCAD addicts with this problem. Still having the strange feeling I am the only one...
Maybe I can help a bit?
- (almost) all my work is in one main folder (obviously this main folder will be moved). This main spreads out to many other folders, and so on.
- FreeCAD files are unrecognisable if they are assemblies or parts. Luckily I have named all my assemblies beginning with "SAM_".
- Sometimes I use assemblies inside another assembly. These are named "SUBSAM_".
- My part-files can have any name.
- I have no drawing files. Yet.
At the moment my files are present in an external drive (easy backup purposes). I the near future this will be a local drive (with external backup drive). I expect this change speeds up load and save processes of my work.