Thank you, this works but with some complications:Zolko wrote: ↑Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:01 pmWhat I'd do is to create the module(s) as separate files, save, close and re-open them. Then create in the module document window the feature you want, approximatively. Insert the module into the main assembly, close the module document window so that the module document is only opened through the assembly.
Then, edit the feature (sketch ?) from the main assembly tree.
1) When I edit sketch (created in part document) in assembly document, this part get invisible and I see sister parts but not the part itself. It can be cured by selecting it in tree view and pressing space, but looks like a bug behavior.
2) When I create end go editing new sketch on part from assembly document, all other bodies in assembly get invisible. They also can be made visible by pressing space button in hierarchy view. And they get visible back when I close sketch. This behavior can be useful sometimes, but sometimes not. It would be good to make it optional, may be add hotkey cycling through "all invisible" - "dimmed visible" - "all visible" modes. Dimmed (non-interactable) mode as in some CADs looks the best from my point of view.
3) Trying to use external references from sister parts of assembly reference objects are created but in not correct place and I get "PropertyLinkList does not support external object" or "Expects sequence of items of type DocObj, (DocObj,SubName), or (DocObj, (SubName,...))".
4) I have got some PartDesign error warning exclamation signs when did the next:
* Create PartA
* Copy file and edited it to get PartB
* Inserted both parts to the same assembly
* Edited PartB (added new sketch and PartDesign feature)
Something altered in PartA and I got exclamation signs. Probably it is because of generating some objects with the same ID. I had also seen this problem in 0.18 when copying some parts from one file to another.
OS: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) (XFCE/lightdm-xsession)
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.22198 (Git) AppImage
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.8.5
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)