A2Plus - Edition of sketches of pieces in assembly

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dcapeletti

A2Plus - Edition of sketches of pieces in assembly

Post by dcapeletti »

Hello, imagine that I have many pieces assembled in a set, which at the same time has different subsets.

Many times it is necessary to select a part of a set and subset in order to edit it. What we're doing now is opening with the A2Plus editing tool until we get to the file we want to edit. This often makes you have to open several files and is often confusing.

I think this editing function could be improved by creating a dialog box with a parts tree of all subsets or displaying all subsets in the same freecad tree. Then select the part or assembly to edit and the editing tools for that part or subset will open.

But it is also desirable that when you open the tool to edit a sketch of a piece that belongs to a set, that the set becomes transparent and that when you close the edit, return to normal. This would also allow the whole to be seen at the same time as a piece is edited.

To better understand you can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cl17CpR4Hg

I expect comments.

Thanks
polymer

Re: A2Plus - Edition of sketches of pieces in assembly

Post by polymer »

Would make sense.
But then please with two separate trees: one Assembly tree and one feature tree where the operations of the active part are shown.
And then please the shapbinder function to make cuts and so on...