A2+ "Parts where not moved. They are not constrained to a fixed part!"

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
dan-miel

Re: A2+ "Parts where not moved. They are not constrained to a fixed part!"

Postby dan-miel » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:47 pm

botanicus wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:56 pm
I am lost in this software which seemed efficient to me, and I am very disappointed!
I understand. I was disappointed the moment I found there was not a way to align a round part to a slot. I would think that would be a basic need. The more I look at this the more I see the need for other tools to find the underlying problems.
botanicus wrote:
On the other hand, I didn't understand how you saved the different pieces in different files.

I will post a video on what I did. Mean while would you send me a zip file of the folder you have these parts in? I'm going to try to make this file work although the screws will have square heads. I accept this challenge. What is this project for?
dan-miel

Postby dan-miel » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:19 pm

botanicus wrote:
On the other hand, I didn't understand how you saved the different pieces in different files.
Video is attached.
phpBB [video]
botanicus wrote:
The purpose of this assembly: bring the 2 side pieces together or separate them in parallel by acting on the spacing of the 2 central screws.
phpBB [video]

I am attaching a video of the assembly that I'm sending you. I had to use the square head on the screws so that I could center the screw in the slot. That should not be an extra step as a cylinder should be able to follow a slot. There were many times that I had to use my home made tools to dig myself out of the oceans of errors I was getting. I don't blame you for going else where for better tools. Hopefully A2plus will get the tools it needs to prevents so many errers.
Dan
MRx

Re: A2+ Parts where not moved. They are not constrained to a fixed part!

Postby MRx » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:04 am

kbwbe wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:19 pm
alx wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:12 pm
I created a simple example that gives me the same error.Test Assembly2Plus.FCStd
A2plus is designed to import parts, each one been designed in a separate file. If you import your single parts into a assemby file, you can apply constraints and this will work.

A2plus will not work if you apply constraints to part containers and bodies directly in a PartDesign file.
Please have a look at the tutorial links within my signature, to get the correct idea.
I think this is the confusing part for beginners, first you're happy to be able to create multiple objects and saving them into a single file and then you're told that you have to save every object into a single file.

Beginners have to realise:
One Object one File
Create a new Project and only do the assembly import the objects one by one in that new project via A2+

Those were also my issues at the beginning.
dan-miel

Postby dan-miel » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:21 pm

I forgot the assembly file so here it is. Also would you send the files you used for your assembly?
phpBB [video]
Attachments
DXF 2.zip
(353.29 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
chrisb

Postby chrisb » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:23 pm

The video is private and thus not publicly available.
dan-miel

Postby dan-miel » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:04 pm

The video is now public.
Chris, Thanks for letting me know.
Dan
botanicus

Postby botanicus » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Thanks a lot Dan ! The first video is self-explanatory.
I understand now. It's a bit far-fetched but it works ....
My project is a 3D printer spool holder based on a model found on Thingiverse I made (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2165694/remixes) with 2 x Base_long.stl and ball bearings.
It's a system for easily adjusting the wheel spacing according to the width of the reels which is variable according to the brands.
It's also a good exercise for me to learn FreeCad and its intricacies!
The other 2 videos are interesting although I have a poor command of spoken English :cry: ! I understand the written word using the Google translator.
@ +
Pierre
Attachments
Support_articule.zip
(137.05 KiB) Downloaded 2 times