A2plus Broken Constraints and suppression

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dan-miel

A2plus Broken Constraints and suppression

Post by dan-miel »

dan-miel wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:23 pm
bgoodr wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:19 pm program (useability?) defect
Usability defect #3 Cannot finder broken mates
When broken mates are detected you are asked if you want to delete them. If you press "YES" they are gone, if you press "NO" I don't know where they are or what their names are.
I have seen a couple post asking about suppressing constraints or what to do when a constraint breaks. Here is a video that may suggest other ways to handle a inconsistent constraint message other than deleting the last constraint.

The conflicting constraints are found by running one constraint through the solver at a time. When the user tells two constraints to hold the part in two different places the program is confused. When the constraints are ran through the solver one at a time the part moves from one to the other. I just had to catch the parts that move and report the constraint that moved the parts.
For the suppression, it requires a property to set the suppression so the solver will not process the constraint. Yes it is a bit of coding but the conflicting constraints can be put to good use.

This post is a bit of my asking for these features and a bit of education for those that has not heard of these ideas.
Comments please.
Dan Miel
phpBB [video]