Question for kbwbe on a2plus look alike

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
dan-miel

Question for kbwbe on a2plus look alike

Post by dan-miel »

kbwbe
I have overtaken the input screen to your program and I like the result. The screen is yours with a few differences. I am wondering if you are planning to come out with a new version of a2plus soon. If you don’t have one in the works I think I’ll continue with this merge.
I have attached the files so you can take a look. Unzip, drop the a2plusmore folder in your mod folder and restart FC. You should have a workshop called copya2plus, mine is at the bottom of the list. The icons are not enabled until you press the Full Auto icon, then they all light up. Select the feature for your first constraint and the constraints that you cannot use are grayed out. Select your second feature (do not use the control key) and a default constraint is created. If you don’t want a default constraint select one of the others before you select your second feature.
There are some new buttons: The solve all and solve last uses a modified solver of yours that I hacked up. The “solve last” just runs the last constraints at the end of the file, while ”solve all” solves all of them. If View is click on the three other labels allow you to find the constraint using labels.
There is a dialog that pops up with the program and stays on. It has the edit buttons on it and a dropdown with the last constraint made plus the last 15 that was made. Code is a mess because I didn’t think that I could merge them together but it was actually kind of easy.
Anyway please let me know if the next a2plus will be out shortly.
Thanks.
Dan
PS FC doesn't record what I do so it's undo doesn't work with this.
Attachments
Default constraints.pdf
(55.62 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
A2plusmore a2plus lookalike.zip
(329.48 KiB) Downloaded 15 times