Assembly4's Animate Assembly not showing movement

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
veziop

Assembly4's Animate Assembly not showing movement

Post by veziop »

Hello all, I am new to this forum and to the FreeCAD community. I decided to try Assembly4 after trying a2plus and not being completely satisfied. I am attempting to animate a simple mechanism (for confidentiality reasons, I cannot post exact information nor screens, my apologies) by creating a master sketch, constraining it and driving the movement with one variable controlling an angle.

Once that's done, the Animate Assembly should show the moving parts, given a minimum and maximum. The problem is the display renders no moving part, it stays static. Though once I stop and close the window I can see the variable's data has changed. Furthermore, while the Animate Assambly feature is running in pendulum I can spam-click the recompute button (F5, next to redo) to show snipets of the movement. Is there an option to "auto-recompute"? or is ther something else that I am not seeing?

I followed a few tutorials online, and read the documentation. This one is brief and quite similar to my problem, but in this case it works fine: https://youtu.be/cI52wUfMKXY

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.23258 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: 78c6cc1362c39e3f1f778c52ae2a1c82badeec20
Python version: 3.8.6
Qt version: 5.12.5
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.4.0
Locale: English/United States (en_US)
ppemawm
Veteran

Re: Assembly4's Animate Assembly not showing movement

Post by ppemawm »

IIRC the master sketch must be in Model not the Parts folder.
"It is a poor workman who blames his tools..." ;)
veziop

Re: Assembly4's Animate Assembly not showing movement

Post by veziop »

ppemawm wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:10 pm IIRC the master sketch must be in Model not the Parts folder.
yes! that worked, thanks