Asm4: how part files loading, when an assembly is opened?

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
totalcad

Asm4: how part files loading, when an assembly is opened?

Post by totalcad »

Hello everybody!
When I open an assembly - every time all the parts are also open. If I close the assembly - freecad asks me to close every part. How these things are working: can I for example open only the assembly and open only the necessary part when I need?
But also I can't understand why some parts or sub-assemblies are not active sometimes and I need to reload them?
need_to_reload.png
need_to_reload.png (165.03 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
Thanks!
Attachments
a_4.zip
(41.47 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
Zolko
Veteran

Re: Asm4: how part files loading, when an assembly is opened?

Post by Zolko »

totalcad wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:10 pm can I for example open only the assembly and open only the necessary part when I need? But also I can't understand why some parts or sub-assemblies are not active sometimes and I need to reload them?
There is an option in the Preferences (General > Document) called "Disable partial loading of externally linked objects ", you can try to play with that.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
totalcad

Re: Asm4: how part files loading, when an assembly is opened?

Post by totalcad »

Thanks, @Zolko!
Yes, when I changed the option you suggested - every part becomes active after loading the main assembly.
Do you plan to make some option like hidden loading or something similar? Because when an assembly has more then 20 unique parts for example - it becomes time consuming to close the main assembly and after to close every part of 20. My way today to close the main assembly - to close freecad totally and choose an option (to save or not) for all files. May be this could be option: when we close the main assembly - all the rest closes automatically...
Big thanks for answer & for you time!