Hide/Show Lcs On multiple selection

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
orionrobots

Hide/Show Lcs On multiple selection

Post by orionrobots »

Hello,
When making an assembly with many parts, it starts to resemble a pin-cushion with all the Lcs visible. I'm able to hide/show Lcs for the whole assembly, or individual parts, however, I notice that if I've got multiple items selected, the option is greyed out.

It would be handy to be able to make multiple selections so I could enable/disable Lcs in sections of the diagram.

Similarly, being able to hide/show Lcs for groups would be useful too.
My thought on how would be that the IsActive method would return true for the group type, and when multiple items are selected, but when it is Activated, it loops over these, ensuring it only tries to perform hide/showChildLCSs for those that have the right type.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 12.31.55.png
Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 12.31.55.png (45.82 KiB) Viewed 2108 times
totalcad

Re: Hide/Show Lcs On multiple selection

Post by totalcad »

Hi! I'd like to add some more idea..
Could be nice to have a possibility to hide/unhide all the LCS(s) globally but with the option to save a combination of hidden/visible LCS(s). As an example FreeCad has a good function View>Visibility>Toggle all objects could be nice to have the same for LCS(s)///
heron

Post by heron »

In the Tree View, click right button on Model -> Show LCS / Hide LCS.

Cheers!
totalcad

Post by totalcad »

heron wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:18 pm In the Tree View, click right button on Model -> Show LCS / Hide LCS.

Cheers!
Big thanks for the help! 8-)

But in my case if I have some hidden and some visible LCS(s) - the option you've suggested toggles all the LCS(s) visible - even those which were hidden before. Does this work the same in your Asm4?
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

totalcad wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:31 pm But in my case if I have some hidden and some visible LCS(s)
did you try "Configurations" ? You can make a configuration with those LCS visible that you want, and then apply that configuration if/when too many LCS are visible.
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here