Closing the drawing results in over constraint

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
geek emeritus

Closing the drawing results in over constraint

Post by geek emeritus »

Using Realthunder 0916 build on Ubunto 20.04

I finally got the drawing constrained. more luck than skill. now I am trying to pad it. It will not show me the pad option when it is fully constrained but not closed. When I close the drawing it tells me I am over constrained and I have to remove constraint 11, which is the closure.

If I remove any other constrains it won't close, but it repeatedly tells me "Sketch Sketch has partially redundant constraints!" but it won't tell me what that means.

This is not intuitive.
Attachments
waveshare 01.FCStd
(7.85 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Closing the drawing results in over constraint

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Although most Sketcher errors would probably occur in FreeCAD too, it is difficult to say, because models from the branch cannot reliably be opened in master. I cannot see an error in the sketch, so I move this to the Assembly forum, where the realthunder branch is discussed. Somebody else may have a look.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
M4x
Veteran

Re: Closing the drawing results in over constraint

Post by M4x »

If you're still.a beginner, I advice you to pay attention to the thread linked in the big red banner at.the top. Furthermore, use the FreeCAD master branch to get going. It's a lot easier to get help here.