Assembly 4

Discussion about the development of the Assembly workbench.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ideasvacuum

Re: Assembly 4

Post by ideasvacuum »

I think I have potentially found the cause of the Draw Style issue. When I study the history of the part model, in the history tree the pads are shown correctly matched to their related sketches but when I examine the pads properties, the sketches have lost their Z position, resulting in a bad boolean of the pad with the main body.
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

ideasvacuum wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:16 am 1) When the Linked Part was inserted, the Toolbar greyed-out:

2) In the part model file, the draw style is 'Flat Lines', but in the Assembly it's transparent and I can't find a way to change that.

In the normal workflow, once a part is introduced, the Task-panel to place/attach it to the assembly is activated, the toolbar is greyed out, and the parts visual is changed to the one you see. So what might happen is that the GUI doesn't switch automatically to the Task-panel. There have been some recent updates in the FreeCAD code for the GUI panels, this might be a bug (in FreeCAD, not Asm4)

Can you please try to click on the "Tasks" tab in that panel and report what happens ?
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here
Zolko
Veteran

Post by Zolko »

ideasvacuum wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:16 am 1) When the Linked Part was inserted, the Toolbar greyed-out:

2) In the part model file, the draw style is 'Flat Lines', but in the Assembly it's transparent and I can't find a way to change that.
do you use the "Navigation style " "Open Inventor " ? (right-click in the 3D window, bottom of the pop-up menu)
try the Assembly4 workbench for FreCAD — tutorials here and here