not enough description for Create a conic

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mad_max

not enough description for Create a conic

Post by mad_max »

Hello all!

I do the translation and noticed that there is not enough description for Create a conic in the Sketcher Workbench:
https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Sketcher_Workbench
Join me.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: not enough description for Create a conic

Post by chrisb »

What are you missing? If I follow e.g. the link "Ellipse by center" I get to a very detailed page.

The general procedure, if something is wrong or missing is, to fix the English version first and then translate the fixed page.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mad_max

Post by mad_max »

chrisb wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:25 pm What are you missing? If I follow e.g. the link "Ellipse by center" I get to a very detailed page.

The general procedure, if something is wrong or missing is, to fix the English version first and then translate the fixed page.
I circled in red a place where there is not enough description, like other tools
2-1.png
2-1.png (95.57 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Join me.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

mad_max wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:41 am I circled in red a place where there is not enough description, like other tools
I see. How about

"The sketcher provides the following conical sections:"

or a bit longer:
"The sketcher provides the following conical sections. Unlike B-splines they can be used with all sorts of constraints such as tangents, point-on-object, or orthogonal."
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
mad_max

Post by mad_max »

chrisb wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:47 am or a bit longer:
"The sketcher provides the following conical sections. Unlike B-splines they can be used with all sorts of constraints such as tangents, point-on-object, or orthogonal."
This is fine, thanks!
Join me.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Glad to see someone working on the wiki!