PartDesign Next in wiki

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
NormandC
Veteran

Re: PartDesign Next in wiki

Post by NormandC »

renatorivo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pmAlign O-N-X
O means Object
N means Normal
X = Horizontal axis
Matches object's Origin with first referenced vertex, then aligns its Normal and (X) Horizontal plane axis toward vertex/along line.

If they are translated differently, maybe it's a mistake. I haven't checked the French translation.

renatorivo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pmAlso Frenet
Frenet is the name of a French mathematician. It should not be translated. I linked the wikipedia page of the Frenet-Serret formulas he of which he was the coauthor, and which the Frenet setting refers to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Fr%C ... ric_Frenet
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Fr%C ... ric_Frenet
Last edited by NormandC on Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
NormandC
Veteran

Post by NormandC »

HarryGeier
Veteran

Post by HarryGeier »

NormandC wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:58 am
renatorivo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pmAlign O-N-X
renatorivo wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:41 pmAlso Frenet
Frenet is the name of a French mathematician. It should not be translated. I linked the wikipedia page of the Frenet-Serret formulas he of which he was the coauthor, and which the Frenet setting refers to.
I know about the name, but i have not clearly understood it´s definition yet .. and as long as i am unsure i have no good feeling to translate the very complex technical definitions for thes 3 frenet attachments...but i hope i find the time soon to play with them and understand what´s behind...
Kaum macht man´s richtig , gehts´s
My Video Tutorials on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoe3B ... p8Q/videos
My FreeCAD Stuff on Hidrive: https://my.hidrive.com/share/qr3l1yddy6#$/
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

renatorivo wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:13 am After saving the changes, at the top of the page click on "marked for translation"
marcare-pagina.png
check if the changes are the ones you want
scroll the whole page, at the bottom click on "Mark this version for translation"
I have added some text to two TechDraw pages and no link appears. No new Paragraphs were added.
Is it perhaps a permission thing?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

I marked the pages and translated them into Italian. It seems to me to work.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

renatorivo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 am I marked the pages and translated them into Italian. It seems to me to work.
Ok, I will watch it. I don't want to bother you every time I edit a wiki page.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Do not worry, what you do is visible. Therefore also the modified and unmarked pages. Someone provides.

Have you tried to mark the modified page?
What message do you receive when you mark a page?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

renatorivo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:24 pm Do not worry, what you do is visible. Therefore also the modified and unmarked pages. Someone provides.

Have you tried to mark the modified page?
What message do you receive when you mark a page?
I could not mark it, there is no active link as shown in your screenshot. Glad I made screenshot too:
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-13 um 08.21.11.png
Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-13 um 08.21.11.png (13.39 KiB) Viewed 969 times
I can enter the translations page or the page showing the last changes.
renatorivo
Veteran

Post by renatorivo »

Can you translate the message from German? Thank you

Edit
Strange that you have a message in German. When editing or marking, the interface is in English

I think you have to ask to switch from editor to editor and admin (extended rights for translation management)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

renatorivo wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 pm Can you translate the message from German? Thank you

Edit
Strange that you have a message in German. When editing or marking, the interface is in English
Sorry for the german, it's the same detail which you gave with the difference that I don't have the marked area. I link it here:
I put the translation in code tags to keep the blanks. It says:

Code: Select all

Translate this page      This page has           changes          which are not marked for translation
Diese Seite übersetzen   Diese Seite enthält     Bearbeitungen,   die nicht zum Übersetzen freigegeben sind.
------link ---------                             ---- link ---    ----------- no link here  ------------
I hope you see it the way I do.

I would have liked to have this page in german, however the browser seems to transmit unwanted infos. I'm on a Mac and Apple proves here that they know best what I want - even if I'm not convinced yet. :evil: .