Asking for wiki edit permission

Discussions about the wiki documentation of FreeCAD and its translation.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
migmorais

Re: Asking for wiki edit permission

Post by migmorais »

Hi,

if you give me permission to edit the wiki I would be happy to do some translation to portuguese.

Regards
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Hi migmorais,
Okay, you have permission. I saw your comments on crowdin, but its always better to discuss here on the forum.
For the wiki, there is currently no portuguese translation, the first step is to translate the http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/f ... e_Help_Toc page. Then, we'll need to translate a couple of templates to pt. Just please always name your new translated pages with the original english name + "/pt", so non-portuguese admins can always know what page it is...
For the rest, have a look first, and any problem, just ask here. Thanks for the help anyway!
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

Migmorais,
I saw you didn't respect the convention I explained earlier for pages names (english names/pt instead of portuguese name).. Can I ask you to correct/rename? It is important so non-portuguese speaking admins can know what your page is about. When we have a new wiki, we'll be able to use a better translation plugin which will allow for more complex things such as translating page names...
Thanks!
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Bonjour yorik

une suggestion de modification à faire pour le wiki Anglais puisque tous les traducteurs suivent cet exemple.

modèle actuel "GuiCommand"
=== [[Image:{{{Name}}}.png|32px]] {{{Name}}} ===

a remplacer par
=== [[Image:{{{Name}}}.png|32px]] {{{Name/en}}} ===

ainsi que le modèle actuel "Docnav"

<div class="docnav">
<div style="float:left">[[{{{1}}}|< previous: {{{1}}}]]</div>
<div style="float:right">[[{{{2}}}|next: {{{2}}} >]]</div>
<div style="text-align:center">[[Online Help Toc|Index]]</div>
</div>

a remplacer par l'exemple du modèle "it"
<div class="docnav">
<div style="float:left">< previous: {{{1}}}</div>
<div style="float:right">next: {{{2}}} ></div>
<div style="text-align:center">[[Online Help Toc|Index]]</div>
</div>

(au besoin créer aussi une page de redirection "Online Help Toc/en")

de cette manière les futurs traducteurs n'auront qu'a mettre leurs initiales "/fr" "/it" . . . aux emplacements préparés
ceci évitera à l'avenir de créer des pages de redirection, et, les incompréhensions des traducteurs pour toutes les langues, le lien est fait directement dans la ligne

Le but est qu'il n'y ai pas de différence de construction des pages entre l'original "en" et le reste de la planète !
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
migmorais

Post by migmorais »

yoric,

I imagined that having the "english name/pt" page redirecting to the Portuguese named page would be enough...

will correct it.
yorik
Founder

Post by yorik »

I'd prefer if you do the contrary... the real page is "pagename/pt" and the redirect is "nome da página"... But if you rename the page, a redirect link will be created autmatically
This will simplify much our work the day we need to migrate all this to a proper wiki translation plugin
jcc242

Post by jcc242 »

May I have wiki editing permission please? I wish to start documenting the drawing stuff I am working on.

Thank you!
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

OK.
surfin_eddie

Post by surfin_eddie »

Hello,

I would also like to try to translate some pages in german and therefore I'am asking for the write access.
Because that was the feature I've just needed I'd like to start with the Part Design Linear Pattern Feature. If i've overseen an already existing translation or the translation of another page is more important, let me know please.

Thank you,

best regards,

Ralf Schüßler
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

OK.